Author Topic: Where Ya From?  (Read 496919 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: where ya from
« Reply #630 on: October 03, 2012, 10:30:29 pm »
Welcome Griff!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline courerdubois

« Reply #631 on: October 10, 2012, 12:53:26 pm »
Hi all,
My real name is Patrick. I just got into primitive archery and bowmaking last year, and have been really enjoying it. I'm from Southeast Michigan and am also a French and Indian war/fur trade re-enactor. Now I'll go back to reading all the awesome posts  :)

PB

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #632 on: October 10, 2012, 11:15:05 pm »
Hi all,
My real name is Patrick. I just got into primitive archery and bowmaking last year, and have been really enjoying it. I'm from Southeast Michigan and am also a French and Indian war/fur trade re-enactor. Now I'll go back to reading all the awesome posts  :)

PB

Break is over, cochon, back to your bateau!  We have leagues to go and two portages!  Allez!  Allez!

;)

Welcome fellow woodsrunner!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline courerdubois

« Reply #633 on: October 15, 2012, 11:55:58 am »

Break is over, cochon, back to your bateau!  We have leagues to go and two portages!  Allez!  Allez!

;)

Welcome fellow woodsrunner!

:laugh: I feel like that a lot at work anyhow, y'know? I'll have a couple of pictures up tonight of a black walnut sinew backed shortbow that is almost finished. And thanks for the warm welcome!

Offline silverfox

• Ohio Subscription #108669
« Reply #634 on: December 25, 2012, 03:40:43 pm »
Hello I'm new here, and from central Ohio
New to all of this primitive stuff. Just taking it all in, and learning every time I come here.

Subscription # 108669

Offline spyder1958

• Retire Air Force, love all outdoors, 7 grandkids
« Reply #635 on: December 31, 2012, 06:25:05 pm »
I guess I should have seen this early on, but guess my attention has been else where ;)
Plant city, Fl. most of the year. just west of Mullet and all these snow birds, They all show up this time of year.
Madisonville Tn. is where I grew up and all family resides. Thanks for havin me here.
Graylan

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #636 on: January 27, 2013, 10:51:54 am »
Space Coast of Florida most of my life.  Through middle school and high school I was either in the Marshall Islands or in Turkey.  About a year on Kwajalein and 5 in Turkey.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #637 on: January 27, 2013, 08:34:35 pm »
Welcome Tim, Kwajalein huh?  I remember my grandfather telling me stories about storming the beach of that little island.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #638 on: January 27, 2013, 09:38:35 pm »
Welcome Tim, Kwajalein huh?  I remember my grandfather telling me stories about storming the beach of that little island.
Yeah, it's a really neat place.  I wish those guys that fought there could see how pretty it is now.  Your grandfather was probably right next to my great uncle when they landed on the island
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline n8tr boy

« Reply #639 on: January 30, 2013, 11:55:12 am »
From Ontario,Canada. Just started in trad and primitive work again after 15 years i guess. Son got older and wants to get into it. Having fun when we can do stuff and forgot what its all about. love the forum and the fellowship on-line. Great job gang. Wish I could get down to some of the shows sometime, would be Awesome. Do any of you know anything about Canadian meetings or shows going on?

Offline trad bow

« Reply #640 on: February 07, 2013, 03:17:52 pm »
Middle Georgia. Going primitive full time with a few of my friends down here. Loving the journey. Wish I had started full time years ago instead of just dabbiling in it for years.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #641 on: February 08, 2013, 12:14:25 am »
I got folks in Hawkinsville, GA.  You anywhere near there?

Offline trad bow

« Reply #642 on: February 08, 2013, 09:35:24 am »
Have a lease just upriver from there. Across the river from Bonair. Right now about 1 hour northeast of Hawkinsville.

Offline Two Feathers

• Happiness is a crooked bow and straight arrow.
    • White Pillars Estate
« Reply #643 on: February 13, 2013, 10:33:52 am »
Ardmore, TN just off I-65 near TN/AL state line.
Gary Forrester
"Two Feathers"
Spring Valley, OH

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

Re: Where Ya From?
« Reply #644 on: February 27, 2013, 08:09:29 pm »
Just north of Burlington, VT
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018