Author Topic: Where Ya From?  (Read 498238 times)

Offline CubeGod

Re: Where Ya From?
« Reply #675 on: July 15, 2013, 02:17:05 am »
Well now, that's an interesting question, it really depends on your perspective of things.

Originally I am from the north of Sweden.
Right now I am from Nova Scotia, Canada.

Offline M. Demetrius

« Reply #676 on: July 24, 2013, 10:41:14 am »
Central Texas, about 10 miles east of Austin, about 7 miles SE of Manor, just at the end of my driveway.

Offline NattyBumppo

« Reply #677 on: August 01, 2013, 02:53:02 pm »
I am new to the forum and live in Oregon.  I have practiced primitive skills most of my life but just started building bows this last year.  I am a biologist by training and a public school teacher by occupation.  I work lots of skills and ethnobotany into my classes and the kids love it.  I am really enjoying working my way back through the posts.  What a great forum!
Natty

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #678 on: August 01, 2013, 08:19:43 pm »
NattyBumpo - Where in Oregon - got some family and good friends up there.

Offline NattyBumppo

« Reply #679 on: August 01, 2013, 08:34:08 pm »
I live in Oregon City...where do your relatives live?
Natty

Offline CORIUS

« Reply #680 on: August 04, 2013, 04:33:56 pm »
The good ole state of Taxachussets but currently i reside in fort bragg, NC
Where there's a will, there's a bow.

PA subscription #: PM108452

Offline Tom Kurth

« Reply #681 on: August 04, 2013, 10:11:04 pm »
Newbie here. I live in tiny Alma, MO--about 20 miles from Marshal, MO, site of Mojam.

Best,
Tom
Best,
Tom

Escape to Missouri

Offline Tetsuoh

• Part-Time Primitive
« Reply #682 on: August 22, 2013, 12:34:35 am »
Western Ohio bout 1/2 hr south of Lima.

Lots of farmland - little woods still left and more fallin everyday. And more and more laws every year to prevent the old world from being able to survive. *Sighs*

"In a world full of green, you'd be surprised how many want to see it burn. In a world full of cold grey, you'd be ashamed to see how many remember the green."

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #683 on: August 22, 2013, 05:31:18 am »
I'm from Virginia, a state where it's easy to find woods I now live in Iowa sadly where mostly you find fields of genetically modified corn and soy and it's hard to find a decent woods around here that's bigger then a few acres
I like osage

Offline skarhand

« Reply #684 on: August 22, 2013, 10:04:10 am »
I live in Gillett, Pennsylvania about 3 miles from the PA/NY border. If there are any bowmaking Jedi Masters in my neck of the woods fee free to holler at me so I can come watch you massage a piece of wood into a bow.

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #685 on: August 22, 2013, 12:45:58 pm »
Cool post. Thanks Dave for showing me.

I live in Oregon City...where do your relatives live?
Natty

NattyB -I'm in Portland. Originally from Denver. Lets get together and make some chips!  Send me a PM!
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #686 on: August 22, 2013, 01:39:24 pm »
I'm from Virginia, a state where it's easy to find woods I now live in Iowa sadly where mostly you find fields of genetically modified corn and soy and it's hard to find a decent woods around here that's bigger then a few acres

No, soy lives just to the north of you in Minnesota.  Great guy as long as you leave a whole state in between the two of you!   >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #687 on: August 22, 2013, 06:37:38 pm »

No, soy lives just to the north of you in Minnesota.  Great guy as long as you leave a whole state in between the two of you!   >:D

Lol soy bean
I like osage

Offline shaman

« Reply #688 on: September 15, 2013, 03:50:12 pm »
Hi all I'm the Shaman and a newbie here. I'm from Missouri and have been studying and practicing the primitive life style since I was a youngster. My older brother always said that I was born two hundred years to late. I'm glad to be here and hope to learn some new things.

Offline bushboy

« Reply #689 on: September 29, 2013, 04:53:37 pm »
Grew up close to antigonish nova scotia canada,live in southern manitoba now.
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.