Author Topic: Gut Bow string  (Read 39105 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Gut Bow string
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 10:27:26 pm »
Just saw a TV show on the Snakehead, their in the Potomac River big time. Here in the great lakes we have the zebra muscle, round goby,
Eurasian ruffe, spiny water flea and on and on all from ballast water discharge.
Them damned water Fleas are thick in Lake Michigan...aren't they Dana??? They haven't made to Superior yet....neither have the Mussels....just a Matter of time though....but if the Big Headed Carp get there...aint no stopping them....they thrive in cold Water...and Superior has plenty of that...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Kegan

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 09:22:43 pm »
Apparently invasive species have one natural predator... Bob ;D!!! Pets beware >:D.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 09:56:21 pm »
 >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D ;D..............bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2008, 11:38:31 pm »
  I'm with Bob. We have so much Exotic crap running around down here it's starting to get fun. Yankee, those fish look like Paku, False Pirahna. That's all you can legally buy in the U.S. I have a friend that had 2 real ones for Educational purposes that were amazing. You could drop a Gunea Pig in and it looked like you put it in a Food Processor on High. And That Great Lakes white fish you can keep. I went to one of those Fish Boils  in Wisconsin a couple of years ago, well, I'd be glad to show them how to fillet and fry it ,served up with Grits and Hushpuppies.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2008, 09:12:21 am »
No wonder ya don't like whitefish mullet, its best broiled, boiled fish sucks. Since when has it been illegal to buy piranha?
I used to have them. Haven't been to pet shop in a few years but they always had the red bellied piranha.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2008, 11:27:34 am »
I guess it's a state-by- state thing. NC has had a law against possessing piranha, walking catfish, grass carp, and a bunch of other species long as I can remember. They added the snakeheads to the list a year or two ago. Somebody caught a big 'ol piranha out of a little lake near where I live a few years ago.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2008, 11:50:15 am »
A bunch of those are on the Federal list.  In Utah it is illegal to get caught transporting/releasing any fish with exception of coarse of catch and release.. They must be dead before you leave the water.  We have had problems with things as simple as rainbow trout being released.  The native cutthroat and brown trout have suffered where these have been introduced.  Chub is also a huge problem.  They have really hurt the fishery at Lake Powell and many other lakes.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2008, 11:51:32 am »
I went to one of those Fish Boils  in Wisconsin a couple of years ago, well, I'd be glad to show them how to fillet and fry it ,served up with Grits and Hushpuppies.

Hushpuppies? You guys eat Hushpuppies? Yuck  :)
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2008, 11:53:25 am »
You must have never had a real one. Hushpuppies are one of the nectars of the gods.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2008, 12:00:02 pm »
Oh yea hushpuppies are awesome, I know a southern boy up here and he makes em with a little jalapeno mmmm
Maybe Marc thinks their shoes ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

jamie

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2008, 08:05:12 pm »
blue gill in grape leaves over coals. thats nirvana

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2008, 08:20:29 pm »
Fried corn meal with egg and onions. ;) That's about as good as it gets. Add some fried fish, grits and some cole slaw and you are in Southern Heaven! 8) 8) 8)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2008, 10:50:15 pm »
Fried corn meal with egg and onions. ;) That's about as good as it gets. Add some fried fish, grits and some cole slaw and you are in Southern Heaven! 8) 8) 8)     Pat

Oh Gag Me with a Spoon!!!!!!!!! Now you give me a big Beef Pastie....or a fresh Italian Cudighi Sandwich....any day over a Bowl of Grits or Fried Corn Meal....aint that right Dana??? But the Cole Slaw can stay Pat!!!! >:D >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2008, 11:02:25 pm »
   I may be from the north,however I have to agree with the good ol boys from the sount. There just isnt anything better than a big ol plate of grits,greens,black eyed peas and hushpuppies.
Damn my mouth is water so much just thinking about it,I sure hope drool wont hurt the key board too much. gotta go find some grits ot something now.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline DanaM

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2008, 11:10:18 pm »
Yankee the methodist church here in town does a pasty sale every month and man
them church ladies know how to make a pasty. Best cudighi I've found is a little butcher shop in Crystal Falls,
mmmm good. Of course polvitsita(sp) for desert is always good.

Manistique, MI