Author Topic: Show your Robin Hood  (Read 10737 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Show your Robin Hood
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 10:30:53 am »
I shoot at multiple targets to keep from hitting arrows. A true Robin Hood is done on purpose, all else is an accident.  Although if you search the pages here I posted a similar thread to this a couple years ago.  ;)  Nice arrows Art!

I only shoot at other peoples nocks now.  >:D dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline artcher1

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 11:20:34 am »
Thanks Bowtarist! Best way I've found to not hit the other arrow is to shoot right at it ;D. But accidents do happen......Art

mikekeswick

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 07:23:13 am »
I've never taken a photo but i've got a pile of many tens of arrows with busted nocks because of this...I really should get round to fixing them all!

Offline artcher1

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 08:59:28 am »
I remember busting my first plastic nock off and ruining the arrow. That's when I started wrapping with thread under the nocks even on plastic nocked arrows. That was many years ago. I've not lost and arrow since. All have been repairable. Most nocks I use these days seem to bust away much easier with little to no damage to the taper. Sometimes a little wood has to be replaced of the nock taper however, and even that can be made easier if the part of the damaged nock/wood can be found...........Art

Offline adb

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 11:04:31 am »
Here's my 'best' RH ever... with CF arrows mind you, but still pretty cool. Gold Tip 3355 traditionals .

Offline artcher1

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 12:08:48 pm »
That's cool, and bites at the same time! I've only done that twice, but with aluminum, and in the same day  :'(.......Art

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 04:35:05 am »
Thanks art! Man you make some cool arras 8)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline artcher1

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 08:08:04 am »
Thank you Soy, I appreciate that!    Art

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 01:10:51 pm »
Here is one I did a few ears ago. Self nocks are too much work so I rarely shoot groups anymore. This isn't the actual RH but a dramatization of it... ;D

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline artcher1

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2013, 01:47:52 pm »
I know how that feels Pat. We put so much work into this type of arrow only to have that happen. It sucks!!!!!!!!!

Tough enough being an arrow-maker, but you have to be a repairman too! ;D

Sometimes I think I'm a better shot than I actually am, and sure as shootin', I'm back in the repair business again. :'(  You'd think I'd learn.........Art

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 02:06:23 pm »
Hard to teach us old dogs sometimes.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 02:55:36 pm »
I've seen some pretty nice knock inserts made from bone.  I often wondered why someone would go to all that work to make a knock when a self knock can be done.  Now I know.  It'd work well for this purpose when you don't want to re-fletch and shorten your arrow.
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 03:27:38 pm »
I've seen some pretty nice knock inserts made from bone.  I often wondered why someone would go to all that work to make a knock when a self knock can be done.  Now I know.  It'd work well for this purpose when you don't want to re-fletch and shorten your arrow.

I've seen some like those made of horn on ebay for dirt cheap. They look pretty cool. These are some crazy robin hoods yall! I am lucky enough to be such a crappy shot I don't have this problem,  ;D.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013, 04:35:29 pm »
I have never had a self nock break except when hit with another arrow. I have had quite a few plastic nocks break and I've heard of folks using the bone nocks and having them break. A broken nock can mean a broken bow so I'll stick with my self nocks.  ;)

Offline artcher1

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 04:59:56 pm »
 I've seen some like those made of horn on ebay for dirt cheap. They look pretty cool. These are some crazy robin hoods yall! I am lucky enough to be such a crappy shot I don't have this problem, 

Yet! ;D

Wrap those horn nocks too if you go that route. I've heard of 'em breaking.........Art