Author Topic: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendesvoux  (Read 71797 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendesvoux
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 06:51:18 am »
No entry fees. Bows being made - shot - discussed, with plenty of show & tell. If You make one shoot/event in Michigan this year, and are interested in making a Selfbow - this is the one to attend ! Hope to see You there - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 08:20:35 am »
Bob you forgot to mention that cute little spaniel that will be there to!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 04:36:10 pm »
No fee to get in
there are small fees to shoot , camp, things like that
As Bob said if you are interested in self bows this is the place for folks in this region to be . There are folks from Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, lncluding some Yoopers, and even Canada! Hope to see the boys from Tennessee and New York this year The knowledge of Self bows that is available at this event is well worth the drive.
The same can be said for flint knapping and other Primitive skills as well you just have to ask and you will receive.
If you miss out it is your own fault.
I am not sure how you could have more fun than we do at this event.
Hope to see ya there!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 10:00:36 am »
Hope to make it up this year if all goes well. :) Just to see the people that I know will be there will be worth the trip for me. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 11:35:51 am »
I hope you do pappy. I think the laid back feel would be a nice break for you after the Classic.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 03:35:40 pm »
I wish I could make that trip.  I see a lot of familiar faces in those pics of people I met at the Classic (all good folk!).  Nice looking family blackhawk.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 08:49:50 am »
Pappy
Seeing the people at these events is the "special thing" for us that have been around !
Showing up and supporting these events is the important part, so them that are coming along behind us can have that "special thing" for them selves one day !
I thank you for all you do for PA , there are many folks that have those special relationships because of folks like you ! primitive archery has been good for us !
If you can work it out to come see us , I bet we will roll out a bit of red carpet for ya !

The rest of you folks reading this that have not become a part of the events such as Marshall and the Tennessee classic , these type of events are what have built and sustained the greatest hobby ( addiction ) that we could ever ask for
Please pic out a few of them and get to building your own special relationships you will be glad you did   !
Hope to see y'all some where along the trail !
Guy
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 07:47:31 am »
Just marked the vacation calendar at work! Im off from Wednesday on. Get use to seeing this ugly mug Guy!

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 01:18:48 pm »
Can't wait to see that ugly mug Pearly !
Are you planing on a Tue pm or Wed am arrival ?
Speaking of ugly , anybody heard from BoardHawk  he seams to be quite lately.
I have plans to be in that state up north the next two weekends , if it works out I should be seeing a good many of the folks so we can finalize a few things and start really getting ready !
Have fun
Guy
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 03:33:28 pm »
My arrival plans will depend a lot on Paulys plans. I know he is taking a few more days off this year.

Chickenhawk doesn't like making bows anymore. But Im sure he will still come to a few shoots. I know he is joining as at Martins next weekend!

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 05:33:53 pm »
I'm hoping to take Wednesday off and leave right from downtown Chicago and come out Tuesday and be there by dark. If not working half day Wednesday and be out there Wednesday afternoon. I would like to get a few extra days out of this shoot considering it may be my only one this year. Got a family vacation planned real close to elm hall.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2014, 04:24:32 pm »
You fellows come on when you can , I will be watching for you !
Mike said the fliers for Marshall are done and he will be dropping them of at Kazoo tonight
It is not looking like I will be there to talk with him , but should see any of you that are at Kazoo tomorrow.
Have fun
Guy
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 08:07:15 pm »
The Mashall event was my second PA gathering and I finished I bow there that I started with Matt W at the TN classic.  Again, a great group of people and it was nice because even though I currently live in TN "about an hour from twin Oaks",  my day job takes me to Marshall about once a month, yes I'm a lucky guy!

I spend a fair amount of time in Marshall and when I asked people in the town "many of them hunters" about the Renesvoux, knowone knew about it. I did not find anything mentioned about it on the town Chamber of Commerce calendar or any local events info. I'm not sure if the people who put on this event want the general public to know about it but I thought I'd mention it.

This is a great event and in a very nice setting, I'm planning to go again this year!
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

blackhawk

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 08:32:39 am »
See a bunch of yins next weekend at martys  8)

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2014, 07:20:59 pm »
Chris
that is the plan!

Forest Farmer
Sorry for hiding it is not intentional,   most of us are not from the area and after all we are Primitives, LOL
I will contact the folks at Wilder Creek Conservation Club were we hold this event maybe one of them will help us To fix this problem!
Please intoduce yourself around this year .
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !