Author Topic: first of this style.  (Read 4921 times)

Offline 4dog

first of this style.
« on: December 30, 2013, 11:29:21 am »
my first attempt at this 2fletch style..any advice would help.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Buckeye Guy

Re: first of this style.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 12:39:01 pm »
Myself I like them wrapped up to the split they stay tight better and are quieter ,but everyone has their own thing !
Guy   
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 12:40:55 pm »
Nice First Attempt. I would go with a wing feather over a tail feather for better flight dynamics. Other than that not bad...
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 11:54:25 pm »
That looks pretty good to me. The Eastern Woodland 2fletch can fly as well as any arrow and tail feathers were traditional.
 Try mounting your feathers so they lay inside out on the shaft. The feathers seem to hug the shaft better that way.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 11:56:18 am »
Looks good 4dog, a self nock would be more authentic though.  ;) You shot it yet? dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 05:42:01 pm »
I'm a fan of two fletch with tail feathers!  Something smooth about the flight of an arrow with tail feathers.

a self nock would be more authentic though.  ;)
Ya what's that silly lookin' red thing on the back?
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 07:02:49 pm »
Nice arrow.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 02:49:33 am »
thank yall for the comments and ideas..i appreciate it.
yeah Jordan they are fast ,and quiet and shoot as good as any other arra in my quiver..i have posted two fletch before but these were the first I fletched. thanks again yall!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 11:56:36 pm »

Looking good! 8)  Like Pat said, turn them over, so the outside is against the shaft.  Personally, I would go with a smaller diameter thread, like an upholstery thread, or a rayon thread, and soak it in super glue, and when dry lightly sand them, smooth, with a 150-200 grit wet/dry sand paper.  Just my own little preference.  Very nice though. ;)  I like them.  The two fletch, like it was said, will fly as well as a three fletch, and is much easier to to do!   ;)  There fore, you can do a bunch of shafts, in the evening, and go to work the next day, and come home clean up, eat dinner, and fletch them that evening! ;) 8) ;D  Yep, I like em! 8)

Wayne