Author Topic: 17th Tennessee Classic  (Read 124016 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: 17th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 10:18:55 am »
Makes me very sad to know I will miss this year's Classic.  My daughter and I are going back to Namibia, Africa on a 12 day complimentary hunt.  Am not sure about Hawk, but hope he can make it so I can hear all about it!  Twin Oaks, Pappy, Miss Joanie, and the gang has a special place in my heart and memories and I can testify there is no better bunch of people than those that assemble there.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 01:53:43 pm »
Joe, that saddens my heart hearing you will not be at the Classic.  It's always pleasure spending some time with you. But, that's just me being selfish.  Have fun in Namibia with your daughter.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 10:01:39 pm »
i'm really gonna try to get there this year, but it is a heck of a long ways from south east montana (1,415 miles to be exact)

I told Killir Duck that I am working on getting down there again this year and that we might want to pool resources to make this happen. The scheming and conniving has begun!

Makes me very sad to know I will miss this year's Classic.  My daughter and I are going back to Namibia, Africa on a 12 day complimentary hunt.

I know what your family means to you, Joe, as well as what the Classic means.  I know this was a tough decision, but I also know your daughter would win this one every time, too!  Just to help you out, I would be willing to squire your daughter around Africa so you could go to the Classic.   ;D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 10:56:39 pm »
I told Killir Duck that I am working on getting down there again this year and that we might want to pool resources to make this happen. The scheming and conniving has begun![/quote]

i got a buddy that may be interested in coming too, i need to talk to him again. the more guys we have the cheaper it'll be (except for the food) >:D ;D
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 11:00:28 pm »
I told Killir Duck that I am working on getting down there again this year and that we might want to pool resources to make this happen. The scheming and conniving has begun!

i got a buddy that may be interested in coming too, i need to talk to him again. the more guys we have the cheaper it'll be (except for the food) >:D ;D
[/quote]

A cooler full of cold drinks, truck stop coffee, and a loaf of bread with a ring of red (bologna for the uninitiated), and we can save a lot on food while traveling.  But I am not scrimping on breakfast at the Classic...they make decent biscuits and gravy, even if the coffee is kinda light.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 05:43:39 am »
 ;) :) :) Light coffee. ;) :) Joe sorry to hear that and I know Miss Joanie will be,family comes first in all aspects,hope you have a good trip and hope to see ya next year. JW/Killir duck ,sounds like yall have a good plan started.Hope it works out. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 09:54:40 am »
The plan is for me to be there.
I think I have the wife talked into going this year.
It will be her first.  Will See.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 01:37:15 pm »
JW good thing you weren't there when Pappy tried to slip strong tea instead of coffee one morning.  ;D
 David, I hope you can make it and we will for sure be on our good behavior for your wife...as long as she doesn't stay up past 10pm.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2014, 01:38:49 pm »
JW good thing you weren't there when Pappy tried to slip strong tea instead of coffee one morning.  ;D
 David, I hope you can make it and we will for sure be on our good behavior for your wife...as long as she doesn't stay up past 10pm.  ;D
Joe, I really hate to see you miss out on the Classic. I 'd be glad to go to Africa with your Daughter so you could make it to Tenn.  ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 02:57:43 pm »
I hope to see you guys there!! 
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline BearG

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 05:42:50 pm »
Well I plan on early Friday before, last I heard Steve (Seabass ) was coming with.  Also I think Bro.Dan , seabass and myself will be coming to the open in March. Mark you got room in the cabin that weekend?
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2014, 07:10:13 am »
Looking good,yes Bear ,I will have room at the open shoot for yall.  ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2014, 10:58:34 am »
I hope to make it again this year. I promise to park somewhere that does NOT require a tractor rescue this time if I do!

Mark

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2014, 05:34:04 am »
Not a problem Mark,that is what I do,you get in and I will get you out. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2014, 03:00:26 pm »
hmmm, might have to stop by.  This seems real interesting.  With folks in GA I got a place to rest half way up.  I'm assuming there will be some trees around for me to hang my hammock?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:06:26 pm by PrimitiveTim »
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!