Author Topic: 17th Tennessee Classic  (Read 125719 times)

Offline Bone pile

Re: 17th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2014, 03:17:53 pm »
I'll be there ,hopefully for a little longer this year. Great bunch of folks for sure.
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2014, 05:35:49 am »
Great news Rodger,always enjoy you company. Yes Tim ,plenty of trees. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Josh B

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2014, 11:12:46 am »
hmmm, might have to stop by.  This seems real interesting.  With folks in GA I got a place to rest half way up.  I'm assuming there will be some trees around for me to hang my hammock?

If you can make it happen, by all means do so.  You won't regret it.  But uhh...Tim....a hammock?  Lol!  I realize you younger fellas are pretty tough, but there will be COLD heavy rain at least once  while your there.  Keep that in mind when your putting together your kit.  I'm from most the way to yankeeland and even I gotta get out a coat from time to time there.  Just so your prepared.  ;) :)  Josh

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2014, 01:20:55 pm »
You may just need a floating hammock!!!

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2014, 07:34:56 pm »
hmmm, might have to stop by.  This seems real interesting.  With folks in GA I got a place to rest half way up.  I'm assuming there will be some trees around for me to hang my hammock?

If you can make it happen, by all means do so.  You won't regret it.  But uhh...Tim....a hammock?  Lol!  I realize you younger fellas are pretty tough, but there will be COLD heavy rain at least once  while your there.  Keep that in mind when your putting together your kit.  I'm from most the way to yankeeland and even I gotta get out a coat from time to time there.  Just so your prepared.  ;) :)  Josh
  I understand.  How cold is it going to be in May?  It's not going to freeze is it?  Looked up historical weather and it's mostly rainy with a low no lower than 35 and no higher than 88.  :D
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2014, 09:25:02 pm »
Its pretty comfortable camping temperature Tim.  I sleep in a tent with just one blanket.  I'm guessing it gets in the 60's at night
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2014, 09:27:00 pm »

I understand.  How cold is it going to be in May?  It's not going to freeze is it?  Looked up historical weather and it's mostly rainy with a low no lower than 35 and no higher than 88.  :D

I've only gone twice, but that sounds about right Tim.  ;) Read that last line of your post reply again...mostly rainy, lows in the 30s no higher than upper 80s. Yup, sounds about right.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline gothmog

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2014, 06:07:02 pm »

No worries about the hammock camping.  I stayed in one all last year.  Very comfy.  I do recommend a tarp, medium top and bottom quilt, and a hammock sock if ya have one.  I'll be down early in the week again this year, Steve, Bear and Bro Dan.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2014, 06:20:17 pm »

No worries about the hammock camping.  I stayed in one all last year.  Very comfy.  I do recommend a tarp, medium top and bottom quilt, and a hammock sock if ya have one.  I'll be down early in the week again this year, Steve, Bear and Bro Dan.
A tarp is a given and I figured a thick blanket and a sleeping bag would be good.  Never used the sock before but it seems like a really good idea.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2014, 08:18:21 pm »
Gothmog had a nice setup.  It must have been comfortable because we heard snoring coming out of it at all hours of the day through the week  ;D

Tim, they have a nice shower tent and a kitchen but I don't think the kitchen is open until later in the week.  Its a nice place to camp.  Last year there was an owl that I listened to as I fell asleep most nights.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:20:41 pm by osage outlaw »
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2014, 12:05:54 am »
Oh YEAH! Just found out im gonna get to attend this years classic. Will be my first one. Plan on doing the ultimate bow challenge. Anyone know the rules for bringing your own stave. As in can it be a bow blank or does it have to be a quarterd stave with bark on? Either way i'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys. Gonna be a long drive though, 14 hours all the way from the middle of texas!
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2014, 12:38:12 am »
There are other folks coming from that direction. Maybe you can hook up with someone and share expenses.
 The folks at Twin Oaks have staves already dry and ready to go. Pappy  or one of the Twin Oaks guys will give you more info about it.
 You'll love Twin Oaks, the Tenn Classic and all of us PA folks that will be there.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ink

• Jason Chollett
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2014, 08:34:43 am »
My only fear is that my beard will not match the awesomeness of most of ya'll out there  :'(  seems like you have to have an epic beard to be a good bowyer ;)
Chew Motrin, drink water, drive on

Offline Josh B

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2014, 11:22:41 am »
My only fear is that my beard will not match the awesomeness of most of ya'll out there  :'(  seems like you have to have an epic beard to be a good bowyer ;)

Nah....the beard just makes a handy place to keep your pencil.  Lol!

Yeah Tim......I made it sound worse than it really is.  If you keep dry, its pretty pleasant.  Josh

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2014, 10:23:44 pm »
Its a nice place to camp.  Last year there was an owl that I listened to as I fell asleep most nights.

I heard my very first wild barred owl down there last year.  I answered her back and she flew in closer.  We hooted back and forth a few times until she had to fly-over to get a close look at the Yankee hooter!  That was my first nite at the Classic and it set the tone for the whole time. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.