Author Topic: 17th Tennessee Classic  (Read 126649 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: 17th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2014, 09:24:58 pm »
Where can I get one of Wills CD? !! ???
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2014, 05:40:14 am »
At the Classic,he would probably send you one if you don't make it,the last one is called
Life is Good. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Josh B

« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2014, 03:34:07 pm »
Change of plans.  I reserve one week of vacation to fund my trip to the classic.  Three break  downs last week put us in a bind and I had to use that vacation to cover bills.  In the last seven days I have spent six in motels.  $7,000 dollars in wrecker bills, $400 in motel rooms, plus food and other assorted expense not including the cost of the actual repairs, I shoulda went fishin'.  My boss and I both would've been way ahead.   I'm completely disgusted.  The classic has become the highlight of my year and now I have to miss it because of break downs that are completely the fault of do nothing, feel good emissions  legislation forced on the country by a few states.  If this stuff really cleaned up pollution, I'd be all for it.  Simple fact is, it don't.  I'll quit now before I really go postal.  Sorry for the rant,  my disappointment is quite profound and i really needed to vent.   Josh

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2014, 03:50:14 pm »
Change of plans.  I reserve one week of vacation to fund my trip to the classic.  Three break  downs last week put us in a bind and I had to use that vacation to cover bills.  In the last seven days I have spent six in motels.  $7,000 dollars in wrecker bills, $400 in motel rooms, plus food and other assorted expense not including the cost of the actual repairs, I shoulda went fishin'.  My boss and I both would've been way ahead.   I'm completely disgusted.  The classic has become the highlight of my year and now I have to miss it because of break downs that are completely the fault of do nothing, feel good emissions  legislation forced on the country by a few states.  If this stuff really cleaned up pollution, I'd be all for it.  Simple fact is, it don't.  I'll quit now before I really go postal.  Sorry for the rant,  my disappointment is quite profound and i really needed to vent.   Josh
Man, that stinks.  Sorry bout your luck, or lack of.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline BearG

« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2014, 03:53:59 pm »
Man that sucks. really going to miss see you. you own the truck or broker?
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2014, 04:34:31 pm »

Ahhh Man! That totally BLOWS Josh!! Daggummit! You will definitely be missed at the Spirit Station on Saturday. and in the knapping pit and on the range and around the cooler...the list goes on and on. Man that Blows!!  >:( dp 
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Stringman

« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2014, 04:50:10 pm »
Keep ur head up, Josh. Thangs may change yet... But if you do end up not showing, I'll shoot a round for ya and see if your score improves!  >:D  :o ;D

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2014, 05:09:22 pm »
  >:(  >:(   That's some bad news Josh.  We need to figure out a new plan B
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline seabass

« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2014, 07:45:44 pm »
sorry to hear that Josh.i hope everything works out for you.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Josh B

« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2014, 09:34:08 pm »
Thanks fellas!  Scott, you'll probably have my score improved before you finish the first half of the course.  Lol!  Josh

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2014, 09:57:10 pm »
Thanks fellas!  Scott, you'll probably have my score improved before you finish the first half of the course.  Lol!  Josh

Uh, Doc?  You know that was Scott that was making that offer right?  He only shoots meat, targets fluster him!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2014, 05:38:56 am »
I hate that Josh, :( maybe you will get a run in that direction,if so you know we will make room,I know what you mean about the new standards,I manage a truck fleet,I have spent 23,000.00 on one truck in the last year,2 year old Pete. It's alway something with the new ones. >:( >:(
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Tower

« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2014, 11:28:21 pm »
Guys I don't wish to sound ignorant. Is knapping welcome at the classic?
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2014, 11:41:47 pm »
Guys I don't wish to sound ignorant. Is knapping welcome at the classic?

Yes Sir!  There's a knapping pit next to the bow shed and ABO knapping at the spirit station.  There might be an hour or two in the early morning when you don't hear somebody breaking rock.  Here's a couple pics from last year.  Josh

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2014, 11:47:37 pm »
Tower, the debitage on the floor of the knapping pit is 4" to 6" deep so I hope it is welcomed.  ;) Most of the time its hard to find a seat.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC