Author Topic: 2nd Annual Moon Tree Gathering  (Read 82734 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: 2nd Annual Moon Tree Gathering
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2014, 05:52:07 pm »
Bill, we'll have to work out a trade for some cane ;)

Tracy, Cane Shafts? no problem

Bill, that'll be easy for us to get you level.  We'll just let some air out of the tires.  Problem solved.  haha  Actually, when you get here, don't pull up to the house. Turn left at the bottom of the hill before after you cross the ravine in the driveway, but before you get to the kennel. Then turn right passed the shed, between the shed and the rail fence.  It should level out pretty well by the maple tree.  We'll be doing all of our cooking on the back patio.  So, that'll work out well.

Hedge,  OK?   ??? ???  Got ya ....  ;)

Them sound like so very easy directions to follow. ;) ;D ;D Yall have fun,hope to make it one day.I know it will be a hoot. :)
   Pappy

Ditto what OO said... Pappy, You should take a weekend off and join us, it's not far away from you at all despite hedgeapple's directions  :laugh:

I'm start'n to get things together this weekend,
See you guys soon,
DBar

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline gmc

« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2014, 06:46:27 pm »
Bill, that'll be easy for us to get you level.  We'll just let some air out of the tires.  Problem solved.  haha  Actually, when you get here, don't pull up to the house. Turn left at the bottom of the hill before after you cross the ravine in the driveway, but before you get to the kennel. Then turn right passed the shed, between the shed and the rail fence.  It should level out pretty well by the maple tree.  We'll be doing all of our cooking on the back patio.  So, that'll work out well.

Those of you pulling trailers follow the same path, EXCEPT go passed the rail fence.  DON'T go right of the board wood pile.  My septic tank is there.  I'll have flags up to remind you.  The rail fence denotes where out garden was.  At the end of the garden there's a school desk modified into a shoot bench.  Don't park between the school desk/shooting bench and the roll of hay.  You'll be on the shooting range if you do.
Can I assume that I turn left at the board pile since the directions tell me not to go right? What if I go straight, will it put me over the septic tank?  How close are the flags to the tank? Which side is the end of the garden as I'm looking at the desk? I'm really starting to stress about this a little. Maybe valet parking is a good idea....

You know I'm gona have fun with this for a little while longer, right?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 07:05:45 pm by gmc »
Central Kentucky

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2014, 06:58:10 pm »
DBar

No know I'm gona have fun with this for a little while longer, right?

Right!!   GMC, I can tell we're from the same tribe.... ;)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline gmc

« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2014, 07:11:28 pm »
[meals]

What kind of sides do I need to bring for the meals? 

Any suggestions?
Central Kentucky

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2014, 01:07:26 am »
You guys are killing me.  haha  Maybe this will help.

Bill your arrow turns right and is in yellow.  Everyone else follow the red arrows to find a spot.  There's about 1/2 acre of fairly flat ground.  The septic tank is to the right of the wood pile as you're driving in, between the wood pile and the house.

Don't park on the light blue lines.  That's the shooting range.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:29:49 am by hedgeapple »
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2014, 08:14:26 am »
Dang Dave, what'd you do, rent a helicopter and get an over head?  Oh the wonders of modern technology.  Now, what about us folks that are color blind?   :-\ 
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

blackhawk

« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2014, 08:44:04 am »
Hey Greg ya can still read n write? N if ya can't see colors go drink some real mountain dew and come back n look at it and you'll be seeing all kinds of scribbly colored lines..lol  :laugh:

Hmmmmm??....got me thinking..n cabin fever isn't helping

Im gonna miss all the  busting balls,stories,n laughter the most this year not being there...sure the other stuff is fun,but the fellowship amongst fellow like minded folks n friends is always the best about get togethers  ;)  ;D

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #247 on: March 21, 2014, 10:02:38 am »
You might as well just pack up and head on down, hawk.  Oh, I's jest messin wit Dave (I haint colour blined, butt I ded lern two reed en rite). ::) :P :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:08:47 am by Gsulfridge »

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #248 on: March 21, 2014, 10:11:54 am »
So we are setting up the tents in the septic leach beds? 

I'm sure we will figure it out when we get there Dave 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #249 on: March 21, 2014, 10:44:05 am »
So we are setting up the tents in the septic leach beds? 

I'm sure we will figure it out when we get there Dave
It's to mask the smell of the chicken sammich. ::)  This time next week and everyone will start rolling in.  I can't wait.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #250 on: March 21, 2014, 11:09:00 am »
Clint, I thought it would be good for you to set up your tent on the septic tank.  We can open the clean out pug and you can go straight to source, cut out the middle man (toilets and pips).  haha  With 3 foot of back fill over the lines, I've never had an issue with ground seepage.

GMC, can you bring your chronograph?  I'd like to fire a couple of my reloads through it to see how fast they're moving.  As for side items for the smoked venison, a bag a potatoes we could roast in the oven would be good, and/or anything else that would go with BBQ like cole slaw, baked beans...
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline gmc

« Reply #251 on: March 21, 2014, 12:00:39 pm »
Clint, I thought it would be good for you to set up your tent on the septic tank.  We can open the clean out pug and you can go straight to source, cut out the middle man (toilets and pips).  haha  With 3 foot of back fill over the lines, I've never had an issue with ground seepage.

GMC, can you bring your chronograph?  I'd like to fire a couple of my reloads through it to see how fast they're moving.  As for side items for the smoked venison, a bag a potatoes we could roast in the oven would be good, and/or anything else that would go with BBQ like cole slaw, baked beans...

Ok, based on that high tech areal photo now, I may just do an air drop with a drone close to the blue line.  👍
Central Kentucky

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #252 on: March 21, 2014, 12:19:36 pm »
The photo came from googleearth or maybe mapquest.  I can't remember which.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline gmc

« Reply #253 on: March 21, 2014, 12:43:00 pm »
Ok, not sure about slaw but I can handle the rest. Btw, I'll be finally bringing the locust bow with me. It's still not done, needs a handle treatment and string. Surely we can get that done during all the excitement. I still got to look for the golf club material though.  >:D
Central Kentucky

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #254 on: March 21, 2014, 09:57:34 pm »
I'm so ready to head south I can't hardly stand it  ;D
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.