Author Topic: Subscribe now...pay extra $8 for one magazine?  (Read 9408 times)

Offline Mallorn

Subscribe now...pay extra $8 for one magazine?
« on: January 31, 2014, 05:21:05 pm »
I've lurked and stalked long enough and after the turn of the year was planning on getting a one year magazine subscription.  A couple of weeks ago I saw the below comment posted when I was ready to subscribe; it made me pause, and I was hoping it would change, but it hasn't.  Here is the statement for reference if you click on subscriptions>Subscription - 1 year US - Buy One Now:

"Check here to start your subscription with this issue. - If ordering after December 16th you may start your subscription with the current issue (Feb/Mar issue 22.1). The issue must be shipped from Houston, TX and will add $8 shipping charge to your bill."

The way I read that is if I sign up now I'll get the next issue but it will cost me an extra $8.  Now, I am a guy on a tight budget and $26.99 for a year sub is all I want to pay; I don't see the reason I why I would really want to pay an additional $8 for just one of the magazines.  How do I simply sign up for six magazines in the future for $26.99, without the extra fee?  Do I need to wait until after this mailing cycle, and sign up in a couple of months so my first issue is the April/May magazine? 

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Subscribe now...pay extra $8 for one magazine?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 07:03:59 pm »
Just don't, "check here". The way I read it if I'm right is you will then skip that issue and start with the next one and then end with the Feb/Mar issue next year.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mallorn

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 02:00:12 am »
Ahh, good catch!  Indeed you are right; simply don't click the box and it all goes through as a normal subscription.  The bold lettering must have blinded me like a deer in headlights. :)

Thanks!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 08:07:27 pm »
Yup, same thing happened to me when I was sending a gift subscription last fall. Got me confused. Maybe there should be a wording change on the subscriptions page?   ??? Glad you got your PA subscription!! You're gonna love it!! dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Mad Max

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 05:47:25 pm »
How do I subscribe for the Mag?
This will let me do bow of the month too.   Right ??
I would rather fail trying to do something above my means, Than to succeed at something beneath my means.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 05:34:38 pm »
Just go here http://www.primitivearcher.com/ and place an order for a hard copy or e-mag and yes you will be able to enter BOM with that
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline EagleTexas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 11:59:46 am »
Yes those are the correct answers. That "start now" box is in there because a number of new subscribers enter their order too late to get the current issue but they really want it. This gives them an option to receive that issue also.

Right now is a perfect example. Today is July 18, 2014. The August issue is printed and has just been mailed to subscribers now based on a computer list prepared several weeks ago. A new subscriber today starts their subscription therefore with the October 1 issue. No problem.... unless they really want the August issue. Checking that box gives them that option.

If they choose that option, we then package and mail that issue from our office in Houston rather than from our mailing services.

Monroe