Author Topic: Good times at the Riverside Sportsmans Expo  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Gsulfridge

Good times at the Riverside Sportsmans Expo
« on: February 03, 2014, 07:55:46 am »
Had a great time at the annual Riverside Sportsmans Expo hosted by 2nd Baptist Church of Clinton, TN.  I set up a booth display with a few self bows and arrows and had my shaving horse/bowyers bench set up debarking some staves and a tillering apparatus set up as well.  Lots of folks came by and asked questions, many asking to buy bows or staves (I don't sell any).  Several hundred people in attendance.  A select few individuals got to shoot a self bow for the first time and I steered a lot of people to the PA website.  A TWRA officer (Tennessee game warden) even brought me a copy of TBB 3 and I plan to build him a bow in the future (never hurts to have game warden friends  >:D).  I stayed busy from 10:30 or so until about 5:00 with a steady stream of interested people.  As a plus, I got to meet and shake hands with Hank Parker (2 time Bassmaster Classic winner and TV hunting show host).  Heck of a guy.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Good times at the Riverside Sportsmans Expo
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 08:01:59 am »
Sounds like fun,them events are always fun and you never know,you may have sparked and intrest in someone. Way to pass it on. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good