Linked Events

• Presque Isle Camp/Shoot: May 23, 2008 - May 26, 2008

Author Topic: Presque isle field archers memorial day weekend camp/shoot  (Read 44029 times)

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
Re: Presque isle field archers memorial day weekend camp/shoot
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 02:34:04 pm »
Pappy we are about two hours from the hawkeye guys. Glenn came last year and I'm pretty sure he's planning on comming again this year. Chucky came the year before but not last year so who knows about him. Dave goes with Gary Davis to another shoot that weekend I think.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 12:04:07 pm »
Looking forward to it,maybe they will show up.See ya in month. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ryano

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 02:01:13 am »
See ya pappy.  ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 07:35:17 am »
Anyone else from here going to make this,I am going and got some good news yesterday my son Beau is going up with me,probably be our last big trip till he gets out of law school so Iam excited. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ryano

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2008, 10:06:18 am »
ttt

Offline Ryano

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 01:48:48 am »
This year we added a new novelty target. Its a spinning strutting turkey.... ;D
We also have a treeing bear, running deer,and charging boar...... ;D

Offline Ryano

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2008, 11:43:17 am »
ttt

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 08:52:02 am »
Can't wait,Beau and I will be there Thursday evening through Sunday. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ryano

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2008, 03:23:37 pm »
Looking forward to seeing ya again pappy. Here's some more info.

Our shoot is almost completely set up and run by Me, my brother (PatO), and our god Friend Jim Sudal. We just have had so much fun at the other shoots we go to like hawkeyes shoots and of course the classic. That we decided to try and set up our own little shoot at the local archery club. We tried to take some of what we liked about the other shoots we attend and lumped it all together with a few small twist that we think everyone will enjoy.This is our 3rd year to put this shoot on and it keeps getting bigger every year so I guess we must be doing something right.

We have two 3D courses with fun or novelty targets set up randomly though out the course. We have a treeing bear target. A strutting turkey target that spins. A running deer on a cable pulley system, and a charging boar on a pulley system.

We also do 2 different contests during the weekend.
     One we call the smoker round. The entry fee is $5.00. The rules are you may only bring one arrow with you.  We call the shots, which will be more difficult than the regular stakes, the maybe trees to shoot though rocks behind the target etc,etc......you get the point. The object is to make it though the whole course with your arrow still intact and still have the best score. The winner gets to split the pot of entry fees with the club sort of like a 50-50. This year there will be two classes if we have enough shooters. A class for wood arrows and a class for aluminum and carbon. (since there harder to break)

The second one we call the traditional bowhunter challenge. There is no entry fee for this contest. We start this out out by having a qualifier at the practice range. We only take the top five qualifier's into the competion. If you qualify we take you out on a woods walk were we not only test your shooting ability but test your knowledge of woodsman ship, survival skills, hunting. You should bring anything with you that you think you might need for real hunt . Excluding broadheads since we will be hunting foam animals. Extra points will be awarded for being prepared for anything.The winner of the contest will receive the trophy and presque isle field archers t-shirt in his or her size.

We have traditional vendors selling bows arrows quivers, as well as famous wild life artist Jack Puluh, with prints.
We have a pot luck dinner saturday night at the club house please bring a dish to pass....
Door prizes will be drawn for at the dinner and you must be present to win.
We will also have a Swap meet saturday after dinner. Bring your unwanted items to sell or trade......
We will have deminstrations on making primitive fire, tunning wooden arrows, and appying snake skins to a bow.
Sunday moring a church service will be held by christian bowhunters for those who are interested.
Breakfast and lunch will be available saturday and sunday at the club house.

The cost of the shoot is as folows: $10.00 per person per day saturday/sunday
                                                 kids under 12 are free.
                                                 Camping is $5.00 per site for the weekend, fire wood, and running water is provided.
                                                 The club house restrooms are left open a night.
For directions or more info call me or email me 814-796- 0191 or ryanocycleshop@coaxpa.com

Offline Ryano

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2008, 12:20:12 am »
ttt

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2008, 12:37:07 pm »
Ryan do you have your designated Photographer?  No MOLLY can not be assigned!  I think your wife and Molly should do a write up though!  ;D  Maybe if you are lucky she might split the big bucks with you if it is published!  :D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Ryano

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2008, 11:33:49 pm »
Most likely I'll be doing the writing and she'll be fixing all my miss spelled words and grammar mistakes. I do have some one in mind to take pictures, and I promise I'll be taking some myself this year. Its just that its a lot of work putting this shoot on and we don't have a lot of help so I will do the best that I can Marie........ :)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2008, 11:46:06 pm »
Most likely I'll be doing the writing and she'll be fixing all my miss spelled words and grammar mistakes. I do have some one in mind to take pictures, and I promise I'll be taking some myself this year. Its just that its a lot of work putting this shoot on and we don't have a lot of help so I will do the best that I can Marie........ :)
I know, I hear you.  It just sounds like such a great shoot!  I want people to hear about it like they do about the classic or Mojam.  You have worked hard and will be working hard.  I understand.  I am sure that your wife will also be keeping you in line!  ;)  Molly could write it.   ;D  She is her own little star! 
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 12:54:37 pm »
I'll take plenty of pictures also,high resolution.Dana. ;) ;D ;D Cant wait,got most of my stuff ready to pack,if I can just get it all in my little car,I'll look like Ryan when he left the Classic .[Full]  ;) ;D
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ryano

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 07:02:49 pm »
Thanks Marie I appreciate it.
Pappy, Don't dent your roof like I did the wife's car on the way home...... >:D don't mention that by the way thats a sore subject.... O:)