Author Topic: Sugar Maple Plains Indian Bow  (Read 20452 times)

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
Re: Sugar Maple Plains Indian Bow
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2014, 11:54:19 am »
PeteC, the Sugar Maple came from a friend of mine from Kansas, Ken Weidner, who sent it to me as a gift.  He also does some of the finest recreations you will ever see.  His saddles are just unbelievable.
Thanks Marc.  This wood responded better to heat treating than any wood I have tried.  Remarkable difference.
Thanks PatM, I ain't touching that one! :)
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Traxx

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2014, 02:49:57 pm »
Traxx, I find your comment beyond ridiculous.  You've read this post and believe that I am guilty of attempting some type of fraud?

Nope never said that.what i did say was that Eric was right about federal laws,pertaining to non native people,representing themselves as native in any way and profiting from it.I also  said that it is a law regardless whether people agree with it or not and find it "silly".

What disturbs me more Traxx is rather than engage me in some type open discussion on this topic, you call for the thread to be shut down and any further discussion ended.  I find that idea very troubling Sir.

Once again,Nope.

What i did say was,that threads in the past,that have discussed illegal activity such as those misrepresenting themselves as native,have been closed.

I normally direct people to this site if I have made a bow for them so they can read about it, and the kids think it just too cool that there bow has been seen and commented on by people all over the world.  I wont be able to do that on this one because of all this nonsense.

Once again,This isnt about being politically correct[,two terms that i dont think should ever be used in the same sentence] but its about RESPECT.Eric ,who i thought was polite in warning others of the slippery slope that many take these days to illegally profit from and disrespect native people and culture.Native people refer to these as culture vultures and they do take offense and rightly so,considering past history.It would have been just as easy for you to listen to what Eric said and took it under advisement and maybe reflect on how it affects others feelings,rather than tell them that they are silly, ridiculous and PC.all it took from you was 1 word and a little effort to show some respect,and this could have been diffused.There are others who are non native,who make wonderful reproduction items and post it on here,all the time,but they are respectful in how they present it and i have witnessed and been a part of Native people giving them a standing ovation for their efforts and knowledge.

Its all about respect really. give it some thought.

Offline IndianGuy

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2014, 04:44:04 pm »
Traxx you and I go way back brother. Thank you or your thoughts.
Let's move on and bury the hatchet. Cant win them all. Thanks to those that sent emails on this subject.
Happy Easter to all.
E

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2014, 09:45:22 pm »
Traxx, the issue between Eric and I has been settled, privately between the two of us and I will say no more about it.  I believe he and I are fine at this point.  You should follow his example and his advice.

Offline Traxx

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2014, 01:12:08 am »
works for me.
Maybe next time,it would be best,to keep it in PM and not address it to the public forum or at least keep it to the subject of the discussion,without singling anyone out personally.

blackhawk

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2014, 08:51:24 am »
Cool lil bow slim!! :)

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2014, 09:55:09 am »
Thanks Blackhawk.

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2014, 09:46:29 am »
Little lady's going to love it :)
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline Wildkatts Kitty

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2014, 09:32:18 am »
Slimbob, most everybody liked the bow. So while you don't want her to see the other stuff, copy and paste onto a document all the good things said about her bow and let her read that. That would be like they do with the BOM in the magazine. I hope you will post some pics of her shooting it that I can see when I’m once again back to just reading posts over Wildkatts shoulder.  :)

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2014, 10:52:13 am »
Her birthday was Tuesday and she got the bow that afternoon.  We had a practice session for an hour or so and she did very well.  I got a note and a photo yesterday that she loves the bow and she is shooting it well.  A number of us are going to a 3D shoot in May and she wants to go and shoot as well so I have a big-ole smile on my face.  Thanks Ms. Kitty.
Thanks also Olanigw

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2014, 10:54:13 am »
Awesome!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2014, 02:13:51 pm »
Well that was quite a ride to get there but seems like it was worth it. Looks like a young lady proud of her sweet new bow. Can't get much better than that in my opinion.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2014, 02:56:40 am »
That is awesome!!!!! Looks like she is enjoying it, good on ya ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2014, 09:39:26 am »
Its all about respect really. give it some thought.
:o hello pot, kettle calling..

Slimbob, Awesome bow and a great gesture to get the kids involved!

Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2014, 09:44:07 am »
That's pretty cool slim.  Looks like it fits her great.  I'm sure she loves it :)......how could she not