Author Topic: Proud Daddy  (Read 5369 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Proud Daddy
« on: April 20, 2014, 05:40:31 pm »
My daughter was gifted with a natural ability to run.  As a sixth grader she became one of the top runners on her Jr. high track and cross country teams.  Last fall as a seventh grader she was the top cross country runner for her team in every meet.  Instead of taking the winter off she decided to see how much she could improve.   She asked for and received an exercise bike for Christmas.  During the cold winter months she was riding several miles nearly every day.  Now the spring track season has started and she is seeing the rewards from all her hard work.  She is the top sprinter and distance runner on her team.  She runs 4 races every meet.  Her specialty is the 800 meter.  I am so proud of the way she has challenged herself and the way she is trying to reach her full potential. 

Here is a video of her latest 800 meter race.  She is the runner in the first lane. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP2gvpKiIoA
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

Re: Proud Daddy
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 06:22:05 pm »
that's great Clint, she run's like an athlete, she's a goal oriented person for sure, hope she has a great year
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 06:33:21 pm »
Clint,
 That sounds like my daughter last year. She is a gifted runner also. No training before last summer when track started but,as a seventh grader on the JR. High team she placed first on her team in every meet. she set course records in 5 of them for the team. She has kind of been slacking off thru the winter but she has started running  again now that the weather has broken in prep for her fall meets already. It is really neat to see kids this young going after their goals.  Congrats to your daughter, I hope she does well.
Steve

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 06:59:02 pm »
Wow!  She sure can run. Looks like she had the field covered by a straight-a-way.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 07:08:33 pm »
Talk about being out ahead of the field. The other runners didn't get to eat her dust because it had already settled by the time they got there. Congrats to your daughter and her proud Dad.  ;)   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 07:55:41 pm »
 8) congratz Buddy! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 08:14:21 pm »
Man Clint she had time for one more lap before 2 nd place got there you must be proud.
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 08:46:57 pm »
Just watched the video, Man she looks like she wasn't even trying. Very cool, Congratulate her, The hard work pays off.

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 09:48:24 pm »
Awesome run, she is way ahead of the other girls.

Was funny seeing the guy in the orange jacket at the finish line. I think he was holding a starter pistol in his right hand. Surprised they would still use them, if that's what it was.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Parnell

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 09:54:30 pm »
Excellent, Clint!  She has an efficient stride.
1’—>1’

Offline adb

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 09:56:28 pm »
Good grief! She's at a whole different level! Walked away from the entire field right from the get go.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 10:33:03 pm »
I bet you are proud as a peacock Clint! Tell her to keep with it, colleges give full rides for that.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 11:53:39 pm »
Thanks guys!  We are hoping she sticks with it.  A college scholarship would be great.  She gets straight A's so were hoping that helps as well.

nclonghunter:  That was a starter pistol.  They still use them. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 12:25:16 am »
awesome race.  That girl has drive.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 12:32:15 am »
Wow, she really smoked the competition! Good running young lady, very impressive. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.