Author Topic: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3  (Read 56421 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2014, 09:10:58 am »
We got the courses laid out yesterday, we did two 22+ target courses that can be merged to create one long one. The grounds are all mowed and cleaned up. The novelty area is taped off and the self bow tent area is taped off. Gonne be a real hum dinger boys!

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2014, 09:13:16 am »
****** Id suggest hiking boots or two pairs of shoes. We've had a crazy wet summer, like no other, up here and the low land is holding unto some muck. You wont lose a boot or anything, but a spare pair of shoe's would be good. Bugs are very tolerable so far, ironically. **************************************************************************************************************************
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline RyanR

« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2014, 04:14:36 pm »
Sounds good. I am looking forward to it. Building some arrows today in preparation.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2014, 05:29:37 am »
I always bring boots up there. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2014, 12:25:16 pm »
Im going to be hauling a good number of osage staves with me to unload. Look me up if you need any. The "price" will be very right. Im not promising anything from them except they are yellow inside and caramel on the outside. All will have bark still. Im hoping to have at least 12-15 of them with me. Most will be 3-4 years old as well. I could use some dry, peeled HHB, elm or hackberry.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:04:56 pm by PEARL DRUMS »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2014, 06:12:28 am »
I will se what I have Pearl,think I have some Hackberry and maybe some Winged Elm. :-\ if I haven't given it all away. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2014, 08:22:25 am »
Sounds good pappy. Being the early bird you are, your probably going to get dibs on the pile! I pulled 15 staves aside last night. I may grab a few more if I there is enough interest. Don't really want to haul anything back home with me.

Offline Rocky

« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2014, 12:59:28 pm »
Be sure to bring some broadheads for the silhouette course! 8)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2014, 05:59:01 am »
And the bread stealing coons in camp. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2014, 08:47:19 am »
Ive been busting my tail all week on an auction bow to donate to the club. Its looking good so far. Got the tip overlays added last night and hope to tiller it out this weekend and get her shooting. Im making it a 50-53# @ 28" flat bow. That way whoever, for the most part, wins it can shoot it and take deer with it.   

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2014, 09:08:34 am »
Sounds great,I will get in on that one.  :) another week and short Monday of work for me and then it's time.
Can't wait.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2014, 07:43:38 pm »
I'm looking forward to it, just got to get my stuff together and pack the truck.  I'll make sure I bring enough money for the raffle Chris.  I wouldn't  mind having one of your bows.
By the way the beer is ready in the keg and I might even sampled a bit, just make sure it's good enough for you guys. 
You soon, ed
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2014, 06:43:55 am »
See you guys in little over a week now. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2014, 11:21:54 am »
Got the bow all tillered out, just heavy yet. So what weight you want Ed? :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2014, 05:18:59 am »
Ed nothing, ??? I plan on winning that one,48@26  ;) :) :) :) We may be headed out a little earlier than planed,Beau is off Monday so as soon as I can get to the cabin and get everyone rounded up we will head out Monday early evening we hope. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good