Author Topic: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3  (Read 56427 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2014, 08:02:16 am »
Hope 49 @ 26 is ok pappy! I stopped right at 55 @ 28 and started sealing her up last night. I have a feeling this bow is going to get some attention on the raffle table. I pulled off (got lucky) a really cool dye job.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Rocky

« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2014, 08:05:26 am »
Moving the bus in tonight for y'all. What a great camp sight! I'm jealous!! Can't wait guys. Sounds like we'll get to meet a lot of new folks this year. :D

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2014, 09:38:29 am »
Tried to wrangle kitchen pass from The Wife.  But, for some reason, she was a bit "reluctant" to write me one.  Sumpin about I just got back from MOJam and now want to take off for another half week??!!

Would love to have handled that bow, Pearlie.

Next year . . . . . .  Hope ya'll have great time!!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2014, 10:16:16 am »
We would love to see you next year Mr. Knoll! Im sure (God willing) Ill make a bow every year to raffle off. The Pine River Club is one of a kind and raising money for them is well deserved!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2014, 11:01:16 am »
Now he's sucking up, kidding very nice of you to do that for them,you are right,very special bunch. Rocky we will let you come by and hang out if you like. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D Sorry you can't make it this year Knoll,hope to meet you next year. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline K.Hills

« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2014, 01:49:07 pm »
Pappy, we tried to pick up the campsite a little bit as well so as a guy wouldnt stub his heel and fall over backwards like Cloverdale.  K. Hills

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2014, 07:18:31 pm »
55 @ 28 is perfect Chris,  it's an Oman that I may just win it.  But even if pappy stuffs the ballet box I only live an hour from twin oaks so I may persuade him to let me borrow it.  Lol

If I don't win  I have made progress on the stave that I posted a while back.  I should have it ready for some straightening.  It's going to be about 66". And I wanted to reflex it and put a flip on the tips.  So if anyone has a jig and room. I would love to bend something.
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2014, 05:12:50 am »
Thanks Kevin  ;) :) :) No worries Ed,I never win anything. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2014, 09:28:43 am »
That makes two of us Pappy.  Even if we don't win a bow just being able to spend some time with good people, in the outdoors, doing things we enjoy is winning enough!
 It sounds like everyone's been working hard to get the place ready so giving some money to help the club is a good thing and the chance to win one of Chris's works of art is a bonus!
I'll be rolling in on Friday afternoon. See you then!
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2014, 11:44:21 am »
I believe it going to be raffled off. So buy more tickets if you want to win that stick of wood!!

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2014, 09:07:27 pm »
I guess I'll have to buy a few tickets since it's for a good cause but I don't like it, I already have a Pearly bow hanging on the bow rack making the bows that I made look like the work of an amateur. ;D
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2014, 09:42:22 pm »
Hogwash Greg! I have a badly bent bow on my rack that makes mine look like a kindergartner finished them.

Here is a crappy pic of the bow.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:36:14 pm by PEARL DRUMS »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2014, 05:22:55 am »
Looks mighty fine to me,by the way Chris more tickets don't help me win, I could have all but one in the can and loose. ;) :) :) 4 more days for me. Man I can't wait. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2014, 09:21:22 am »
Havent decided if Jake and I are coming in Wednesday night or Thursday morning? Im sure excitement will get the best of us and we will be there Wednesday. For those of you who remember my boy Jake, he is about 6' 3" and 175# now!!!!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2014, 09:27:38 am »
My son is also coming, he use to come all the time but hasn't been in several years,he is really looking forward to seeing the old bunch again and doing some picking around the fire again.We Might even do some bow shooting. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good