Author Topic: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3  (Read 56453 times)

Offline nakedfeet

• AJD Archery & Outdoors
Re: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2014, 12:54:44 pm »
I'm going to be driving down from Traverse City on Saturday (or possibly Friday night). Can't find anyone to come with me so I'm definitely going to feel like a fish out of water dropping myself in the middle of a bunch of people I've never met before. So if you see a long-haired bearded guy wandering around looking out of place, don't hesitate to say Hi.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2014, 01:01:18 pm »
I've been that guy before and all I can say is if you like archery you'll fit right in

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2014, 02:11:58 pm »
ezc- I sent ya pm.  Just show up, don't think you'll have any problem finding some people to hang out with or shoot with at Elm Hall.
-Drew
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2014, 02:23:55 pm »
I just might have to come fling some arrows with you fellas on Sunday. If I can sneak away for a few hours. I've got a few staves to bring with me, I'd like to maybe work out some trades. Maybe I'll bring one to work on in the selfbow tent too. Hopefully I can swing up there.

Tattoo dave
Rockford, MI

owlbait

« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2014, 11:26:27 am »
Had fun shooting and visiting on Saturday The course was set-up great and has the best selection and quality of targets of any shoot I've shot. Shot with KHalverson and we didn't lose any arrows and tree'd only a few. The bugs were not as bad as they could've been and the long course was not muddy enough to really be a problem. Your home club did a great job Pearly!

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2014, 09:46:51 pm »
This was my first time at Elm Hall and all I can say is great job!!!
The site, people,  raffles, bow tent and FOOD!! Dinner Saturday night was worth the price of admission alone. 
I need to say a special thanks to Chris "Pearl drums" for organizing the bow tent and helping me out with making a aw some bow!   We got her shooting Sunday afternoon and I'll post some pics once I get her dressed up.

Thx to Badly bend, DQ, and a hand full of others on Saturday for helping me out as well.  A great bunch of people and very knowledgable.  Hope to see you all next spring at the TN Classic.  I will make sure I have extra beer brewed for the Michigan/ Illinois crew who come down!
Cheers to all!!
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #216 on: August 04, 2014, 06:03:07 am »
Yep it was a good time for sure,thanks to all you guys for putting this on,lots of work I know but yall done a fine job. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2014, 08:17:03 am »
Ill be posting a bunch of pics tonite once I size and crop them after work. It was a good shoot and I was more than happy talking bow building under that tent! The turn out was great and as usual hanging out with all my old and new buddies was great. It was good to meet you long-haired, bare footed Tony!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2014, 10:03:03 am »
Sounds like ya'll had a good time.  Looking forward to the pictorial evidence of same.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline nakedfeet

• AJD Archery & Outdoors
« Reply #219 on: August 04, 2014, 10:39:27 am »
I had a great time, really glad I drove down.  The $24 I made in the night shoot covered some of my gas too!

It was great to meet everyone I did, and for everyone that was there that I didn't run into, maybe next time!

Thanks Chris, Paul, and Ed for the staves. I'll post whatever I make out of them and with a little luck do you all proud.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #220 on: August 04, 2014, 10:42:07 am »
It was nice to meet you Tony. Fun shooting to! Im pretty sure you'll make a few winners from those staves you brought home. Our "crew" is always good for a few staves to those without.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2014, 12:33:23 pm »
Great time, as always in Elm Hall, MI.  The club members out did themselves.  Finally got an opportunity to shoot the course with Drums & Jake.  Miss Heather shot the course three times.  Enjoyed her girls outings with Miss Debbie, the granddaughters and Miss Meagan.  Wee-Wicki also shot the course.  Both were exhausted by the time we got home. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #222 on: August 04, 2014, 05:39:53 pm »
Had a great time, will definitely be back next year! A big thank you to everyone who put  on this event!
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline Otis

« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2014, 06:03:37 pm »
A big thanks to Rocky, Kevin, Eric and all the other Elm Hall members for a great shoot. The course was excellent, except for the skeeters, the meal Saturday was outstanding as usual.  Good Lord willing will be back next year too.

David

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2014, 06:03:55 pm »
I let my son Jake take pics. If you know him at all, you'll get a chuckle out of some of them. I posting them all! Some of you guys are lucky I don't know how to add text above each pic. >:D