Author Topic: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3  (Read 56227 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3
« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2014, 08:53:26 am »
Ed I thought you were sticking your tongue out at Darryl because he was showing you how far off your tiller was...:)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #241 on: August 05, 2014, 09:03:15 am »
Huge thanks to the Pine River club for putting this event on...they make it top notch, along with all the people who attend!  Courses rocked, food was amazing as usual, and the new bow making area was great!

'skeeters were fed well, and so was I - diet time!

Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2014, 10:29:32 am »

'skeeters were fed well, and so was I - diet time!

Just a second, ...y'all were chumming the mosquitoes?  Did anyone bag their limit?  I heard the leg sinew on those birds up in MI are good backing material.  Anybody wanna do some tradin?  ::) :o ;D

OneBow

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #243 on: August 06, 2014, 07:01:32 pm »
Chris,
Funny thing about talking with Darryl is that it took me a while to figure out who he was. Then I explained to him that I first got interested in self bows after reading a series of articles that he wrote several years ago for Michigan based "Woods and Water" Magazine.  He did a build with Gary Davis and I though it was so cool that I would have to try it some day. 

Fast forward to 2013 and after reading a article in Primitive Archer that Matt W wrote about the TN classic, I made it to Pappy's for the classic that year and built a bow with Matt.  Again, I didn't know that Matt wrote the article in PA until we got talking.

While at the classic in 2013 I spent time talking with Gary Davis, bought some skins from him and didn't realize that he was the guy that was teaching Darryl in those articles several years ago.

How cool and Ironic is that,,,,,almost spooky,,lol

When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #244 on: August 06, 2014, 08:00:37 pm »
Its the coolest community in the world Ed! Everybody is just like the next, we all love primitive archery in some form or another. Pass it on!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PNewton

« Reply #245 on: August 06, 2014, 08:42:01 pm »
I'm finding that to be true as well Chris. In the 2 events I have attended this year, the welcome and friendliness has been outstanding. Can't wait to meet up with everyone again.

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #246 on: August 07, 2014, 09:18:36 pm »
Yeah, I have found the people at every event I've attended to be very friendly and genuine .  I've only been into primitive archery for a short time and I already feel at home at events and on the forum. 
Love it!
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline Rocky

« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2014, 02:40:20 pm »
MANY thanks to everyone that attended this year. You are truly a wide and varied and GREAT group of people! For those of you who don't know, Brent Singer has been the event manager for two years now and has a great committee in Pearlie and K Hills and great support from the PRRC club members and families. AGAIN....thank you for your support. The next shoot is only 51 weeks from now!!! See you then. :) :) :)

owlbait

« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2014, 05:10:13 pm »
Anyone know how much KHALVERSON'S knife went for in the silent auction. The knife and sheath were some of his normal awesome work! I donated some "Vintage" gear for a door prize. Any of our PA clan grab it? 

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2014, 06:30:41 pm »
Drew won that teach, $55 was his bid I believe.

owlbait

« Reply #250 on: August 08, 2014, 09:42:09 pm »
Thanks Chris. He sure got a nice knife and sheath!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2014, 08:04:16 am »
Oh he knows that well! The more folks get to see and touch Kevin's work, the higher the bids will go. Its amazing stuff, Im proud to carry 2 of his knives on every hunt I take.

Offline DGF

« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2014, 12:09:30 pm »
It was a great shoot as always. Always a good group of folks to BS and shoot with and although I didn't get under the bow making tent but to stuff my face it looked to be busy. Can't wait till next year.

And yeah, Drew stole that knife at $55... sneaky little bastard.  >:D

-Dan
Wyoming, MI

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2014, 11:47:21 am »

And yeah, Drew stole that knife at $55... sneaky little bastard.  >:D

-Dan

Oh danny boy, if you WANT something on a silent auction ya have to really bid not play with piddly little $2 increases - so next time go big or go home.

That knife and sheath was worth way more - but this boy only had $60 of play money in his wallet.  >:D
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan