Author Topic: My first Bow NEW PICS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 24596 times)

Offline Knapperderg

• Kamron D, MO
 ;D  Ive started my first bow. It's a Osage stave and snakey. I plan to add some snake skin to the bow if all goes well. It also has a small crack but it looks like it will go away. I plan to keep you posted if at all possible.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 06:33:36 pm by Knapperderg »
Well... I'm with you fellers.
Delmar

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: My first Bow
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 07:57:12 pm »
Please do and with pic;s ;). I've got a good snakey one curing, something I haven't done yet either :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 12:23:30 am »
Yep, lookin forward to this..been saving this piece till he was ready to build one. It will be touch and go on the crack tho....its wind shear and its in a bad spot, but I think knapper can handle it....Dad ::)
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 12:36:55 am »
OK, now that we got you in the right place, we want pics! ;)   Looking forward.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 12:41:37 am »
Dang BE CAREFULL,  Knowing who your dad is it will be a miracle if you don't break it, its only Osage, right koan.  ;D And don't cut your hand doing it either.  ;D Boy paybacks for all those yew comments are fun aren't they Brian.  ;D

Knapperderg, we believe you can do it, now lets see some pictures.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 06:56:51 am »
Love to see some pictures,I love snaky Osage. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 11:46:33 am »
Hope to come by and check it out,in the mean time keep after it and have fun with it. Auggie.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 07:27:41 pm »
We gotta get Auggie over hear with his daughters new fangled camera... ;)...Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Knapperderg

• Kamron D, MO
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 08:17:09 pm »
I finally got that monsterous crack super glued and now I play the waiting game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:D
Well... I'm with you fellers.
Delmar

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 01:20:02 am »
Too cold in the shop...cant make him stay out there to work on it. Brrrr....Brian

Offline cowboy

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 09:48:11 pm »
I've got a recurve going right now with a sizable crack in the middle of one limb. Maybe we could share our experiences on this one. Don't have a picture right now but won't take long..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 01:13:00 pm »
Paul the crack on knappers stave starts bout 6" from the tip and they are already purty narrow, bout 5/8". I think it will come out but will prolly have to settle for a 35-40 lb. bow. He was hopin for closer to 50 lbs. Good luck with yours....Brian

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 03:18:08 pm »
I think it will come out but will prolly have to settle for a 35-40 lb. bow. He was hopin for closer to 50 lbs. Good luck with yours....Brian

Might consider cutting the tips down some, to increase the bow weight.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 07:25:45 pm »
Greg, its already purty short...I think 55", so we are kinda pushin it already. Might have to be a bend in the handle deal, we will see.....Brian

Offline cowboy

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 11:02:20 pm »
Thanks Brian - I just hope she don't blow ;D. I was trying to remove some propeller from that limb (which I did) but during the process something popped and voila there was the crack :'(. It's about ten iches long and doesn't run out anywhere - I've filled it with super glue and it seems to be holding. Am going to back with sinew, hope that's enough. If not I've gained a lot of experience nonetheless..