Author Topic: 2014 Christmas Trade Works in Progress.  (Read 77227 times)

Offline BarredOwl

Re: 2014 Christmas Trade Works in Progress.
« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2014, 08:47:09 pm »
Got the sheath made and waterproofed.   I have a couple other odds and ends I'll probably throw in too. 

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #256 on: December 09, 2014, 10:22:59 pm »
Sweet barredOwl

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #257 on: December 09, 2014, 10:34:11 pm »
Well, I messed up the shipping and mailed mine today so if you get a package and you don't know why its there it is Santa coming early. Don't open till Christmas.  :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #258 on: December 10, 2014, 09:20:56 pm »
I am assembling the various items on my dining room table as they are finished.  I know I like those gifts where as you dig around the box you just keep coming up with something else.  And that is how I pack my box.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline wildman

« Reply #259 on: December 11, 2014, 06:28:57 pm »
Well, I have the belt ax and sheath going out , and as I have a nice stash of osage that I have to move to the new place. I do believe my guy will be getting an "OL Yellar" stick also.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #260 on: December 12, 2014, 02:16:10 pm »
I really wanted to make some kind of tool or weapon for my dude, but had 4 bow sets to get done for Xmas. Weak excuse I know, and I'm sorry. I'll make it up to whoever I get in this years  bow trade.  I've been throwing some homemade things in a box, jams, candles, soaps, and will be sending him one of my nicest yew staves. Would of loved to make one for him, but he has made some nice bows himself, and surely this will be another. Heading to the post office this afternoon.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #261 on: December 12, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »
You had me at Jams!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline sleek

« Reply #262 on: December 13, 2014, 02:54:42 am »
Man, giving away jam and yew?! Your a nice guy.... ( said in amazement )
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #263 on: December 13, 2014, 03:54:14 am »
unfortunately the lady in the post office wouldnt let me send glass, so no jam or candles  >:(
i got home and repacked it, still with the soap, and threw in an ocean spray stave.
my dude lives pretty far from yew or ocean spray, so i hope he puts these to good use, the soap too  ;)
yew stave is 65" long and OS is 55"

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #264 on: December 13, 2014, 04:53:07 pm »
Yeah, the Post Office is really down on shipping anything in a jar.  I understand that, things break, packages leak, and that is not good for other people's mail.  And all because someone ain't got the good sense God gave a goose to pack the jar/bottle such that rough handling won't break it. 

As some folks here may attest, I have shipped glass jars of honey.  I usually wrap the jar in several layers of plastic bag.  Then the jar is slid into a box that has room on all four sides. I then prop the jar with wedges of styrofoam so that it is away from the cardboard on all sides, and I seal up the box.  Last step, I poke a hole in the side of the box, stuff in a nozzle from a can of Great Stuff Foam Insulation and pull the trigger!!!  Harder than heck to get the honey out when it arrives, but so far none of the jars have broken either!!!

Offline bubby

« Reply #265 on: December 13, 2014, 06:24:05 pm »
Or just don't tell them it's glass
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #266 on: December 13, 2014, 10:35:29 pm »
OOOH, me I hope. I want some yew and ocean spray, and my wife says I could use some soap. Been in the woods too much lately, soap might help things, if ya know what I'm saying. >:D

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #267 on: December 14, 2014, 03:35:05 pm »
OOOH, me I hope. I want some yew and ocean spray, and my wife says I could use some soap. Been in the woods too much lately, soap might help things, if ya know what I'm saying. >:D

Tattoo Dave

By the way, Dave, the turkeys here in the Black Hills have an excellent sense of smell.  Better use lotsa soap before you get here next spring!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #268 on: December 14, 2014, 08:40:23 pm »
My guy is going to get a walking stick with a morrel mushroom on top a sweet black locust stave and some grip leather of different colored.

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2014, 03:08:17 pm »
Sorry I have been so absent for a while, deer season bug bit me bad, reeeeeal BAD this year. I only missed 5 days of hunting and I still have a january DMFA season coming up! I had some set backs in the work shop, had budmenchaca make me a SAWEEEEEEET blade from red fleck obsidian. I attached it to an antler handle, started cleaning it up and snap... I just about burned my wood shop when I saw the gorgeous blade in two... I cleaned up the smaller half and attached it to a new antler, should be a fine knife by tomorrow evening. Shipping with a few other goodies this weekend hopefully. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:13:40 pm by NeolithicMan »
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!