Author Topic: Osage sapling.. Firewood or not?  (Read 6125 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: Osage sapling.. Firewood or not?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 01:07:09 pm »
LOL. Thanks. Just having some fun. :) Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 01:47:01 pm »
+1 what Jawge said

Offline make-n-break

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 08:32:13 pm »
Thanks for the advice everyone. I usually shoot heavy bows but I just wanna get a nice hunting weight shooter out of my first try with Osage. I'm hoping for 55 pounds give or take 10 pounds, lol. As for the tips, I usually go for bout 3/8" with overlays. Think I'll go with pin nicks for this one though, so I'm guessin even less material will be needed. Been seeing a lot of really cool bows on here with pins.. Kinda made me wanna make a few in that style.
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline make-n-break

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 08:36:52 pm »
I'm just being overly cautious. Can't throw a stick around here without hitting an Osage tree but never tried it cuz I'm not very experienced with staves. Been researching myself silly in preparation. Thought I'd ask before getting too invested.
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline rkeltner

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 12:19:06 pm »
follow that split and see if it will come of complete! i had a little piece like that that turned into one of my favorite light weight bows! it doesn't take a lot of osage to make a shooting stick!!!

Offline rkeltner

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 12:20:58 pm »
I think I just repeated jawge :o