Author Topic: Makes you sick  (Read 4062 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Makes you sick
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 10:20:57 am »
Perhaps a fitting punishment for these losers who just like to kill something just to kill it would be a summer assigned to a crew picking up all the road kill carcasses along the highway. I suspect a couple months of this activity would have them where they never wanted to see a dead animal again, aversion therapy.

I ran across a backwoods intersection a few years ago that had dead, rotting deer stacked up like cord wood. The pile was layered with that years kill piled on the previous years and so forth. The deer could have been from crop depredation permits but it was still a horrible waste.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:24:30 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline lenador

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 12:59:07 pm »
This is something I absolutely hate to see. I am fortunate enough to live in a great hunting area. Lits of state land and lots of big deer. But at least every year we find a buck that was killed and had its head vutniff and the rest to rot. People cone from all over the states to hunt around here just to disrespect our animals.
 This is especially hard hitting to me because I've been "involved" with hunting for many years but I my self said that I wouldn't harvest my own deer unless I took it with something I constructed my self and I'm just now fettingntobthat point. Everyone on this site, my friends and I take so much time and put so much effort into this just to have 100 idiots like that to every one of us.

Sorry for the rant 😊
Failure isn't a loss unless you cease to move forward from it.

Offline longbow man

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 04:26:37 pm »
      Knew a guy who wanted to (hunt?) with a full auto just to see the damage it would do. If you are not going to eat the animal and have respect for the game then it's not hunting. You're just killing. Big difference.

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 09:27:36 am »
Beyond sick....it's unreal what people will do just to brag about some horns. Lots have no clue what the hunt is about any more.

Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline Traxx

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 02:10:29 pm »
This is EXACTLY why i dont believe in Record books  >:(

Offline bushboy

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2014, 09:04:05 pm »
Years ago when I lived in east coast canada jack lighting was out of control. Then the conserve guys set up decoy deer and busted loads of guys! Lost their gun, vehicle and a 20 G fine and banded for life to hunt.kinda stemmed the problem a bit but i'm sure it still goes on.these guys were hunting for food and not trophies for the better part.pretty sure if word got out someone was killing deer and leaving the meat to spoil they would be in some deep do-doo with the locals!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 09:18:53 pm »
I am with you fine folks! I am highly disgusted with the disrespect and waist of head hunters. I think any place with large animals is sadly subject to this and thrill killers don't care what they kill. One thing I see that may be even as big a problem is the people who assume they missed because what they shot at didn't fall and just move on to hunt another. Which with larger animals like elk seldom happens. Here the final seasons are all rifle and you can go out and find animals that were never found and some if you find them soon enough you can tell only went a few yards from where they were shot.
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour