Author Topic: Makes you sick  (Read 4061 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Makes you sick
« on: October 31, 2014, 07:16:39 am »
As most know I am not a trophy hunter, But i like to see [or kill] big deer as much as anyone,this
picture will tell you if you can stand the noise to hunt where lots of big deer live. This one was shot by a poacher in Hendersonville,TN down town right behind the Home depot this week,they caught the guy coming out with nothing but the head,now that is what makes me sick. 185 inch buck that I am sure had a pile of meat on him. Sad what people will do to kill a big deer,it would have probably went on his wall and told lies about how it was killed for years. :( I just don't get it. ??? :-\ :-\
 By the way that is the local game warden with the head. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

Re: Makes you sick
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 07:32:51 am »
Thanks for making me sick this mornin pappy  :-\   I concur

Offline half eye

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 08:04:07 am »
cant eat the horns, reduced some superior genes from this years breeding pool, cant hunt like everybody else......too bad ya cant mount his head
rich

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 08:15:05 am »
Makes me sick too pappy  >:(. Theres someone who poaches in the woods behind my house every year but I cant seem to catch em. I've tried trail can but they just disappear and all that's left is the deer that they kill or the hides.
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 09:22:42 am »
Man, that is too nice of deer to be disrespected like that.  And most honest hunters would give their eye teeth to just see a buck of that size.  But, we all know em or know of them (poachers).  Same as thieves in my book.  Nothing wrong with trophy hunting I suppose, but the meat should be utilized.  Burns me up.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 09:27:04 am »
What a shame.  Hope they throw the book at the guy and take away his hunting privileges.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 10:00:18 am »
They should also post his picture in the local paper
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Patches

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 10:10:41 am »
Marc,  If it is like some of the idiot poachers I have had to deal with, they would be smiling in their photo and still brag about killing that deer.  In Missouri you can only kill one buck with a bow before gun season, but I know one dumb kid that posted a photo of three bucks he killed in early October on his Facebook page.  He could not figure out how he got caught.   :o

Poaching is a big money business now.  Alot of poachers do not shoot the deer to hang on their own wall.  they can sell them for a lot of money to others, who then brag about the deer like they killed it. 

Yep, makes me sick too.

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 10:15:33 am »
This guy was killed in 2011 on a Military base in Utah, about 4 miles south of me.

The problem with this buck was he was photographed a lot, and the taxidermist that the poacher took him to had seem it, and turned the guy in.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Marks

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 10:38:39 am »
Last year we had a local City cop shoot a huge buck from a public road on the TVA Reservation while on duty from his patrol car with his own personal rifle on a Sunday morning about 7 am. Its a busy road. When he got fired he sued the city and tried to get his job back claiming he did it to protect the citizens of the city because people hit deer on that road from time to time. What a joke. To top it off he got a minor to go retrieve the deer for him since he was on duty. You can't fix stupid.

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 12:07:52 pm »
Makes me sick to see the meat waisted. My kids and I have found two deer hit and left this yr. No trophy one button buck and a doe :'(  >:( Ed
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:35:28 pm by mullet »
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 12:37:47 pm »
Wanton waste is very sad. I think the guy should be made to go to hunter safety classes and speak to the greed of trophy hunting poachers. Lose his hunting privelege! and maybe a trigger finger. We can not even pick up road kill in California! CHP will let you pick it up and then cite you for illegal possession. CA is fairly expensive as hunting goes. 47$ for the license and 47$ for each deer tag - already almost $100 per deer! So we get a lot of poachers of all national origins.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 01:37:23 pm »
What a piece of crap! A deer like that would have been enough meat for me till next year.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 02:47:15 am »

That does make you sick, to think of the waste.  Those people should be put on hard labor, and fined an excessive amount!  I just read about a cow moose that was shot and left, with her calf nearby unharmed.  This was north of Butte, Mt.  What do people like that get out of doing something like that?  I know there are trophy hunters, who will shoot a nice buck, and then leave it when they see it is not as big a rack as they thought.  I've seen some in Eastern Montana, that were shot, and left lying on the side of the road.  These were not shot elsewhere, and ran and fell over by the road.  These were heart shots.

Wayne

Offline chamookman

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 04:45:57 am »
Sadly, Modern Bow Hunting has become all about shooting Big Bucks. Just watch any one of the CRAP "Deer Hunting" shows on TV now - all respect for the Animal has gone the way of the Dodo  :( ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.