Author Topic: 3rd Annual Moon Tree Gathering  (Read 110538 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: 3rd Annual Moon Tree Gathering
« Reply #255 on: March 09, 2015, 06:50:32 am »
Thanks Clint, really appreciate the offer. I'll let you know,  I'm improving just a little bit for the first week.  I should know more in another five days or so...I don't think I realizes what a big issue on the recovery was going to be.  But I never had my leg cut in half and put back together again either.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline TRACY

« Reply #256 on: March 09, 2015, 07:00:57 am »
Hope you're doing well after surgery Bill! Let me know if you need a ride to Dave's and I'll pick you up on the way down Saturday morning. ;)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #257 on: March 09, 2015, 07:20:22 am »
Well, I told you it was a scheduling conflict.  I looked at my schedule, and I had weekends mixed up. ::)  I will be  there all three days!  Yeee haaaw! ;) :) :D ;D
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #258 on: March 09, 2015, 07:55:38 am »
Great news Greg.  Glad it worked out. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #259 on: March 09, 2015, 10:27:33 am »
YAY Greg!
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #260 on: March 09, 2015, 08:13:27 pm »
I bought 2x4x8's today for making the smoking racks.  I'll get them built this week.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline TRACY

« Reply #261 on: March 09, 2015, 10:30:25 pm »
Well, I told you it was a scheduling conflict.  I looked at my schedule, and I had weekends mixed up. ::)  I will be  there all three days!  Yeee haaaw! ;) :) :D ;D

Good news for sure! Need someone there to spine shoot the targets >:D

Good to hear!

Tracy

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #262 on: March 10, 2015, 07:47:24 am »

Good news for sure! Need someone there to spine shoot the targets >:D

Good to hear!

Tracy

Hey!!  I grew up in the mountains.  We didn't like to track em.   ::)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:05:23 pm by Gsulfridge »

Offline mbt

« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2015, 05:25:47 pm »
If it isn't too late I wouldn't mind an xl t shirt

Offline TRACY

« Reply #264 on: March 11, 2015, 06:21:46 pm »
If it isn't too late I wouldn't mind an xl t shirt

Got it!

Tracy

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #265 on: March 12, 2015, 02:31:18 am »
Man these 2 blizzards of record book proportions , have gotten me behind in prep work.  I'm off work Thurs, Fri and Sat to do some major catch up.  But it looks like it will be raining Friday and Saturday.  grrr  No problem, I work better under pressure, just a lot more adult words being used.  haha

Anyhow, I just read through all 18 pages of this thread to refresh my memory about what's going on.  It looks like there's going to be about 20 people in and out for the weekend.  Here's what I have, meals first, of course.

Friday evening we're having Chili.  I'm doing a pot of venison chili and Brian will be bring a pot of wild turkey chili. Anyone one wanting to add sides feel free to do so.

Saturday morning seem a couple folks are cooking a breakfast casserole.  I'll add some breakfast stuff to this mix.  My hens are starting to lay pretty well right now.  Bill mentioned biscuits and gravy in his Dutch ovens.  Bill, don't stress  your knee.  But, if you could bring the supplies, we can easily do them in one of the 2 stoves I have.  Would someone step up to be the breakfast chef to coordinate everyone who's cooking this breakfast?  What time should we say breakfast will be served?

Saturday evening, we're having a smoked deer hind quarter from Greg and wild boar BBQ from me.  I will say this razor back boar has a little strong flavor, but I'm still experiment with it.  Side items for this meal are appreciated.  I will be head chef for this meal.  I'm shooting to eat around 6PM so that means we'll eat at dark-thirty. haha  Hey it's better than midnight. :)

Lunch, everyone is own their own, unless someone wants to take charge of cooking something.  But, being on our own allows for individuals to be flexible with their work process.

3-D shoot, I propose we do it right after breakfast, before everyone gets working on bows and knapping.

Hide tanning: I thinking all the "instructors" have a plan on what they're going to demonstrate.  Fleshing beams, tanning bucket, smoking racks will be set up all day each day.  Maybe I should have a bulletin board set up for tanning instructors to announce when they're going to start a particular process.  Instructors to post on it an hour in advance.  That would keep scheduling loose but organized.

Clay Pigeon shoot, I suggest we start at 1PM, Saturday, because I need to get started with the meat smoking process by 3PM if we have any hopes at all of eating by 6PM.   The clay pigeon course will be set up Friday afternoon.  So, folks cans practice at anytime.  It looks like we'll have at least 6 boxes of pigeons to shoot at.  I'm appointing Brian as Range Officer.  Could a couple folks volunteer to be assistant Ranger Officers who would take folks out to practice if they wish to do so, so that Brian would not be spending all weekend in field?  I know most of you and trust your safety ethics, but having someone to show shooter the range would be good.  Speaking of safety, I would like to request that if you're not the shooter or the on-deck shooter, please have the breech of your shotgun open.

Sunset Saturday is 7:49PM.  Serious bow building begins at  7PM.  All nighters are allowed, but we may have to work around Daniel's cot around 1AM.  But, he won't mind.  I think he'll sleep better with little, yellow, curly wood shavings falling on his head. :)

Sunday, Breakfast and lunch are left-overs or whatever.  Bow building, knapping, skeet and 3-D shooting is a free for all.  We'll do it as the mood strikes us.

Let me know if I left out anything.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline TRACY

« Reply #266 on: March 12, 2015, 06:35:25 am »
Dave, I won't be there until Saturday morning around 8 and plan on breakfast casserole for Sunday or I guess I could bring it when I get there. Always got the dollar general buffet ;D

Tracy

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #267 on: March 12, 2015, 07:39:51 am »
Looks like it is all coming together.  Dave, I would like to do the deer hind quarter over an open fire if you have a spot available.  I can bring extra firewood for it if need be and my spit equipment. 

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #268 on: March 12, 2015, 09:33:59 am »
Dave, I can help with the range if you show me what to do.  I wish I had more to offer in the cooking category.  I guess I make up for it in the eating category.  I plan on bringing a deer roast and potatoes in a slow cooker similar to what I brought last year.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #269 on: March 12, 2015, 12:47:51 pm »
Tracy, stick with your plan for Sunday casserole.

Greg, an open fire might be a little tricky.  I'll see what I can do.

Clint, thanks for volunteering as a range officer.  The Venison Roast sounds great.

Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw