Author Topic: 3rd Annual Moon Tree Gathering  (Read 111330 times)

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: 3rd Annual Moon Tree Gathering
« Reply #300 on: March 19, 2015, 07:24:09 am »
I'll be there by mid day tomorrow.  Bringing some staves, raw furs, a bow that the sinew lifted on, a deer hind quarter, and bringing Clint a bunch of skulls.  Dave, I could not find my open fire spit equipment, so the smoker will have to be utilized.  I had planned on bringing my bowyers bench, but may not have room.  We shall see.  Looking forward to it! :)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #301 on: March 19, 2015, 08:37:25 am »
I've got a thrower a box of clays already loaded up. Got my sister billets ready for some one to teach me how to join them and some RW FEATHERS to trae to LW ones.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #302 on: March 19, 2015, 11:32:53 am »
Tracy, WOOHOO!! shirts.  I can't wait to see what you came up with.  haha  Thanks for covering my butt with the clays.

Gutshot, Thanks for the clays, also.  It will be good meeting you.

Greg, I think the smoker will make cooking the venison quarter a lot simpler than manning a spit.

The weather is looking pretty darn good weekend.  Seems we'll have some rain till about mid-day Friday, then clear skies.  Saturday is going to be pushing 70%.

Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #303 on: March 19, 2015, 12:12:09 pm »
Dave,
Sounds like you have been real busy and have got things ready to go.  Your a great Host.

Hey Guys,
This has been the most painfull and toughest rehab I have ever been through.  My physical therapist thinks it was not very realistic for me to set a goal as aggressive as I did for only being out of surgery a little more than two weeks. 

It's killing me to say that I will not make it this year.  I'm am really going to miss all the fun and the guys that will be there this year.  I'll definitely be thinking about yall.  Please take lots of pictures.

A more realistic goal for me is walking up and down the hills at the Classic this year.   I hope to see everyone there and at Marshall.
DLH I'll have some cane for you at the Classic, sorry for not getting them to you sooner.

Bill   

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #304 on: March 19, 2015, 12:26:36 pm »
That's a bummer Bill.  Better let that knee heal properly.  Maybe Pappy will let you cruise around in a golf cart at the Classic.

Dave, I have a box and a half of targets to bring.  I got the deer roast thawing and picked up some potatoes and carrots at the store this morning.  I think I'm all set to head south tomorrow afternoon.  The weather looks way better than last year.  We won't even need to fire up the wood stove

Is it still OK if I crash in the guest cabin Dave? 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #305 on: March 19, 2015, 03:47:27 pm »
If it is not taken, I might crash there as well.  Originally I was going to sleep on the couch, but the guest cottage sounds great.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #306 on: March 19, 2015, 04:46:54 pm »
Bill, we miss you terribly.  But with that said, I think you're making the right choice.  Heal quickly, my brother.  I'll see you at the Classic.

Clint, I thought you put your reservation in for the cottage in June.  haha  Sure you're welcome to it.

Greg, sure you can stay in the cottage if you can put up with Clint's snoring.  haha And, he gets up really early.

I gathered 2 buckets of punk wood driving down my road this morning.  I didn't even make it to the end of the road either.  It's great living in the country. :)

Here's what I've been doing most of the day so far. I don't think it's going to dry out to fast on me.  haha  There's 100 ft of string for that little hide.

Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #307 on: March 19, 2015, 04:47:43 pm »
OK, break's over.  Back to work.  :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
« Reply #308 on: March 19, 2015, 06:42:58 pm »
Bill, I will miss seeing you, get well soon!  Come fling some arrows when you get a chance.  See you guys around noon tomorrow.  I have a cooler full of snakes and some raw furs.. I have to remember to throw some stretchers in the truck...

Offline Balsatech

« Reply #309 on: March 19, 2015, 09:12:36 pm »
Dave, sorry I couldn't make it to help you any. That last snow storm put us behind at work and been playing catch up. Daughter,s been playing makeup volleyball games also. Looking forward to meeting everyone Sat. Was hoping to make it Fri but it's not looking like it's going to happen.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #310 on: March 19, 2015, 09:16:04 pm »
Bummer Bill. But, I would rather be able to walk the courses in TN and IN and shoot with you later than you being laid up longer. Good choice. Hope to schedule a time to get shirts tomorrow so I can get there earlier Saturday. I sent the preview to Clint and he gave a nod of approval :D. Weather looks good!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #311 on: March 19, 2015, 10:27:02 pm »
Joe, do you need me to bring a couple of snake stretching boards?  I can help you skin them and tack them down if you want.

Dave, I'm going to try and be there around noon tomorrow. 

Does anyone need any more of that band saw blade material that I brought last year?  Or any other supplies? 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #312 on: March 20, 2015, 02:33:20 am »
Snake stretching boards-- I have one 2x10 board for snake stretching.  We can always find "wall space" in the workshop to staple a snake skins if needed.  BUT, I get 20% of snake skins stapled to the wall  ;) Just Kiddin'.  And the stapler has to pull out all the staples.  :)

One thing I learned today: you can't "break" a deer hide when it's drizzling rain and 100% humidity for the day.  The dang thing will not dry out.  haha  I did seriously think of building a tarp lean-to, but said the "the hell with it. I'll break it tomorrow."

I did have a "wild fire" in the workshop today.  I was drying punk wood on a metal sheet on top of the woodstove.  After about 6 hours of this process a few pieces did develop smoke embers.  I scooped it away with the shovel.

My list of things to do tomorrow by importance and practically of getting them done (i.e. help arrives):
1. Dry punk wood (I gotta build a fire to do so?
2. Straighten/reflex HHB bow
3. Break deer hide.
4. Clean bathroom
5. Vacuum attic in cottage and clear off the bed.
6. Move boat and tractor out of the shed
7. Straighten up the workshop.
8. Set up the skeet range when Brian and Clint get here.
9. Replace florescent bulbs when Brian and Clint get here.
10.  Make smoking soak for deer hide.
11. Stitch up deer hide.
12. Set up lights in the shed.
Most importantly: GREET OLD FRIENDS AND MAKE NEW ONES.

Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #313 on: March 20, 2015, 11:42:58 am »
Have fun you crazy rednecks, wish I could be there with ya'll! One year Ill make it down.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Shaneisneato

• Somewhere around Louisville
« Reply #314 on: March 20, 2015, 01:51:06 pm »
Thats sad to hear Bill. Heal fast! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow.