Author Topic: 3rd Annual Moon Tree Gathering  (Read 110534 times)

Offline Balsatech

Re: 3rd Annual Moon Tree Gathering
« Reply #330 on: March 23, 2015, 10:50:06 pm »
Dave, the other Joe here. I want to thank you for your hospitality, and sharing your tv for the ball game. This was the first primative event I've been to and I can say it won't be my last.  I was kinda lost though,only being able to spend one day and so much going on that I couldn't  take advantage of the wealth of knowledge that was there. ( I should have called in to work and came Fri. also ) I really needed some extra eyes on my  bow on the tillering tree and got it from Clint and Tracy. Great meeting everyone else to, my hats off to all of you guys for pitching in to help Dave pull this off.  Looking forward to the next one. Had a great time. Joe.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #331 on: March 24, 2015, 02:03:04 am »
Balsatech, I'm glad you got the help you needed.  I felt a little bad about leaving you to watch the Cats play.  But, I knew you'd be in capable hands.  And, I really needed the distraction to unclutter my mind.  It was great meeting you.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline TRACY

« Reply #332 on: March 24, 2015, 06:46:34 am »
Gutshot, pleasure meeting you and Marcus !  Good luck with your splice and arrows. Going to have to get together some time over the summer.

Balsatech , you made a real nice sage bow that will do what you want it to do

Real nice meeting Paul , Jack, and Trisha for the shoot around.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #333 on: March 24, 2015, 07:35:31 am »
Boy, that Jack was a trooper wasn't he.  Enjoyed shooting with him and his companions.  It was a pleasure meeting all the new people, although I cant remember their names ::)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #334 on: March 24, 2015, 07:44:41 am »
Also, would like to thank wapiti1997 for his fleshing tutorial and the help with the beaver pelts.  I am going to be putting those lessons to use soon.  Clint, thanks for the stave and the constant entertainment.  You were more than welcome to the bologna sandwich, one of my specialties (my wife taught me). :laugh:

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #335 on: March 24, 2015, 09:05:38 am »
Looks and sounds like I missed good one.  I think I missed meeting the new people as much as anything, I really enjoy meeting people with the same interests. 

Greg,
Tracy tells me he has a goodie for me.  Thanks! Let me know what you need in trade. 

Till next time
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline mbt

« Reply #336 on: March 24, 2015, 11:25:30 am »
I wanna thank everyone involved for a great weekend. It was so refreshing to be around like minded people. You guys are the most generous bunch of rednecks I've ever met. I only wish I coulda spent more time with Tracy..your one patient dude....btw a couple of obsidian flakes made there way into my bucket somehow  ...I hope were allowed to come back next year!

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #337 on: March 24, 2015, 11:34:21 am »
Bill your were missed.  I bet I heard, "I miss Bill," being said at least 20 times.  But, we were all glad that you were at home taking care of yourself.  See ya at the Classic, my friend.

mbt, I'm glad you enjoyed the crazy bunch of rednecks.  I think you all fit right in.  :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #338 on: March 24, 2015, 01:34:26 pm »
Yeah, you missed a good one Bill.  The weather was good and everyone had a great time and ate like kings.  You were missed.  You don't owe me nothing on the goodie.  Hope to see you at the Classic.

Offline Straydawg

« Reply #339 on: March 24, 2015, 01:47:03 pm »
Dave I just want to thank you for your hospitality and everyone there - Clint, Tracy, and i wish i could remember all the names. We had a fantastic time and learned so much! I also want to thank Clint for the osage and assistance. Tracy for the arrowhead. Jack, Trisha and myself loved the shoot around. We are all hooked. There is already a pile of Osage shavings in the the floor, and Jack has everything laid out to make a display arrow with the arrowhead. His Moms funeral was yesterday. Being able to get his mind away from his loss helped so much with his anxiety.
We cant wait for another get together.
Thanks so much!!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #340 on: March 24, 2015, 03:57:15 pm »
I read Clint's name way too often the last few pages, cant believe you suckers bought into his BS!

Sounds like another winner Dave!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #341 on: March 24, 2015, 05:30:23 pm »
I wanna thank everyone involved for a great weekend. It was so refreshing to be around like minded people. You guys are the most generous bunch of rednecks I've ever met. I only wish I coulda spent more time with Tracy..your one patient dude....btw a couple of obsidian flakes made there way into my bucket somehow  ...I hope were allowed to come back next year!

I wish we had more time to knap Marcus! Maybe we can sit down and knap over the summer on a free weekend if there is such a thing with kids and all.

Stray dog it was good meeting you and Jack and Trisha. Really liked the quietness of your bow .

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
« Reply #342 on: March 24, 2015, 06:01:44 pm »
I read Clint's name way too often the last few pages, cant believe you suckers bought into his BS!

Sounds like another winner Dave!

That Clint is a snake charmer... he charmed them right outta their skins.... :D

Offline Shaneisneato

• Somewhere around Louisville
« Reply #343 on: March 25, 2015, 12:24:54 pm »
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for being so friendly and helpful. Wish I could of stayed longer but I had people coming from out of town back at the house. Looking forward to the next meet I go to.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #344 on: March 25, 2015, 05:07:02 pm »
Glad to me you Shane! Looks like you got your hickory bow tillered and shooting

Tracy