Author Topic: 2014 christmas trade received  (Read 32776 times)

Offline Tyke

Re: 2014 christmas trade received
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 08:11:54 pm »
Turn that coon into a quiver
why buy it when you can build it

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2014, 08:35:34 pm »
Sweet arras right there!... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2014, 09:52:18 pm »
Glad they made it OK Josh. Those coon hides make a nice quiver I had one posted on here first of the year I made it for turtle.

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2014, 11:00:28 pm »
That coon skin would make a nice hat.
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2014, 02:26:54 pm »
My wife just called me and told me that a large box just arrived at my house. She said it came from South Dakota. It is going to be a long day at work now. I can't wait to get home tonight.

Offline sleek

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2014, 05:23:32 pm »
Wow if thats JWs box it got there fast! Id be taking off work for that!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2014, 08:17:18 pm »
Wow if thats JWs box it got there fast! Id be taking off work for that!

No hurry. Nothing in that box that will spoil.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Swampman

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2015, 12:12:47 am »
Alright, it seems I won the primitive archer lottery today. JW sent me a box full of great stuff.  I now am the proud owner of a hand made tool box perfect for carrying my bow making tools, a bow sock, a hand sewn leather wallet, a string keeper, a braided piece of South Dakota art, a beautiful wooden hanger with deer and turkey tracks and very fragrant item of which I am not sure what it is.  Oh and I almost forgot, a jar of honey.  Thank you JW.  You have been way too generous. I can't wait to show these items to everyone I know.

I posted one picture of everything but when I have more time I will post close ups of each item.

Offline bubby

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2015, 11:56:18 am »
I'm a proud owner of a JW tool box, you're right he's a generous guy for sure, and don't forget that south Dakota gold
When the biscuits are ready, yum
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline country

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2015, 12:40:04 pm »
Well I got a package in the mail.. John (neolithicman)  you outdid yourself!  I got a beautiful Obsidian knife w/antler handle and stand ... a really neat skinner knife w/sheath (hope you don't mind but i may use this design to make my son a knife). some great fishing flies, exotic wood knife scales, a large piece of obsidian, and some tree seeds to start a forrest in Kansan plains :) .. you'll have to let me know what type they are.  Thanks again John ....  :)

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 09:50:55 am »
ALRIGHT! I have been so nervous that the obsidian blade would snap. budmenchaca did a fine job knapping the blade and I had already broken part of it so I am extremely relieved it made it there in one piece. I used google maps to see where you lived and it looked like you were in the city. so I sent some american chestnut, black locust, and I believe they where a white oaks acorns to brin the woods to you friend. The obsidian blade is functional but I was not sure how to make a sheath to protect it so I made a stand but believe me and my bloody little fingers, it is SHARP! Cheers to you an yours, another fun trade!

John
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2015, 01:23:18 pm »
I got home yesterday and there was a peach colored slip from the post office, so I went this morning to pick it up.  Normally I do like JW and don't open mine til I ship the outgoing package, but I haven't had any luck finding a shipping tube.  Low and behold, I got a shipping tube in the mail, that was fill with a black locust stave From Michael Peterson.  YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!  One Cherokee style bow is in the plan.  Maybe two, It looks like I will be able to carefully split it and get two bows out of it.

I got it home, happy as a pig in mud and started wrapping my gift to ship out.  Here came the mail man with another package from Michael Peterson.  Now I am overwhelmed.  What could it be.  Well, he has seemed to make up for every trade that I got burned on in the past year.  Literally.  It looks like he is trying to outfit me for next season.  This box contained six arrows with some very nice broadheads and some goose feathers.  He did a great job making them.  Other smaller boxes had sinew, rawhide strips and turkey feathers.  Oh yeah, 15 cane shafts for me to use all the feathers on.   Thank you very much.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:30:54 pm by madcrow »

Offline Tyke

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2015, 01:32:36 pm »
Lucky you madcrow
why buy it when you can build it

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2015, 07:39:56 pm »
Tyke is getting ancy. Worse than a little tyke the night before Christmas!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Swampman

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2015, 10:08:44 pm »
Glad everything made it to you Eddie.  I really wanted to have a finished bow in that shipping tube but I managed to mess up a piece of ironwood and a piece of black walnut. I hope you have good luck with the BL. 

Mike