Author Topic: 18th Annual Tennessee Classic 2015  (Read 156452 times)

Offline Onebowonder

Re: 18th Annual Tennessee Classic 2015
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2015, 09:18:43 pm »
Things change quick...  Now it looks like my wife Lara will be coming along too!  This will necessitate us staying in a motel (she's already booked it) and I'll miss the camping, but who sleeps at these things anyway(?)...  We'll get in on Friday morning and leave out sometime Sunday afternoon.

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2015, 09:41:15 pm »
I guess I just have to meet you there Onebow!  Since you decide to go with the girls!  >:D Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2015, 04:40:25 am »
Very cool, looking good for now. Seems as usual it is all coming together. Sounds like I may need more parking/camping. Buffalo2 we have several from NY that come, just up above Buffalo,Little over 12 for them. Where are yall from Patrick/onebowonder ?  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2015, 06:02:12 am »
Speaking of all nighters in the bow shop till the suns up..Clint and I should do that again...anyone else is free to join,n the more the merrier  8)   ...n I'm betting pappy will be first one up in the morning,and the first person we see...anyone wanna make that bet...lol.  :laugh: pappy u wake up waaaaay to dang early.  :laugh:

I might have to try to stay up with you guys.  But, you know I'm usually in bed by 10 PM.  What night do you think you might try this all-nighter thing?
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2015, 08:10:31 am »
Heck Dave I didn't know they ever slept. :-\ I leave late and back out early and they always seem to be there. :-\ ???  Must nap in the daytime. ;) :D :D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2015, 11:02:37 am »
Man I can't wait. Hopefully I can get this sinew on this bow so it's ready for tinkering when I get there. I need a little guidance if anyone's up for the job ;0)
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2015, 11:29:28 am »
Pappy, Onebow and I are from Springfield, Missouri! There is a possibility that I may have 2 to 3 guys coming with me too! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

blackhawk

« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2015, 07:17:32 pm »
2 MORE MONTHS!!!!  8)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2015, 05:26:33 am »
Very cool Patrick, can't wait either Chris.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2015, 04:20:14 pm »
I had to miss last year because I was moving.   Looks like the stars are aligned to go this year.  Can't wait!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2015, 11:09:38 pm »
It will be great to see you again, Jeff.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2015, 10:56:46 am »
Man I can't wait. Hopefully I can get this sinew on this bow so it's ready for tinkering when I get there. I need a little guidance if anyone's up for the job ;0)

Bruce, we'll certainly help you along.  Looking forward to it myself.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2015, 11:06:50 am »
Thanks man, I plan on it this weekend. I was having trouble with my tips, it started as a longbow, I wasn't feeling it so I cut it down and recurves the tips. They're rather thin. I was gonna glue something on the underside and it kept popping off. The tips are pretty wide still. So my plan is to taper the limb a bit more and then I can narrow the tips. I believe the statics will hold fine.
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2015, 08:03:48 pm »
Hey!

Nashville resident here who just discovered the wonder that is the OHBC in Hermitage and Twin Oaks and the Classic in Clarksville.

I've been wanting to get into archery for the last six months or so and right after Christmas I picked up a PSE Kingfisher, but I'm looking into a traditional self bow here pretty soon. I actually live less than two miles from Old Hickory Bowman Club in Hermitage, which has made it really easy to get some serious practice time in these last nine or so weeks.

I went to my first 3D shoot there in January and met a bunch of guys who told me about this forum and the Tennessee Classic, which I will definitely be at. I don't know if I'll budget enough to pick up a stave and make a bow but I'm definitely in for the camping.

I actually had a question about that. What's the best time to get up there to get a good spot. I was going to take off work Thursday through Sunday but I didn't know if I could come up Thursday morning or if I needed to come up Wednesday evening.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you! 

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2015, 08:42:26 pm »
The official days are Friday, Saturday and Sunday but some get there the weekend before. I plan to get there on Tuesday. You should still get a good spot on Thursday. Plan on getting in on the "Selfbow Challenge". When you go home on Sunday you will have a shooting bow and will have competed with other first time Selfbow Challenge bowyers. You will love the Tenn. Classic!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC