Linked Events

• MoJam 2015 Missouri: July 16, 2015 - July 18, 2015

Author Topic: When is MoJam 2015?  (Read 67811 times)

Offline Onebowonder

Re: When is MoJam 2015?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 11:06:44 am »
I'll probably be up at my usual spot. It'd be nice if it's as cool a July as last year.  ;D

I'll probably be across the street from ya again then.  I'll bring some half-n-half for the coffee...  :)

OneBow

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 11:11:50 am »
This year I need to spend more time visitin' and less time making shavings!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 03:55:02 pm »
I'll probably be up at my usual spot. It'd be nice if it's as cool a July as last year.  ;D

I'll probably be across the street from ya again then.  I'll bring some half-n-half for the coffee...  :)

OneBow

Sounds great Eric. :) I see you'll be headed to Tennessee this year as well . Lucky... ;)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 08:25:38 pm »
We really need to get name tags, lol. Every year i go lookin for folks from PA and miss 90% or meet them and never know, lol.... Im easy to find..usually aint to far from Lennies homebrew beer  8).... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2015, 09:36:08 pm »
We really need to get name tags, lol. Every year i go lookin for folks from PA and miss 90% or meet them and never know, lol.... Im easy to find..usually aint to far from Lennies homebrew beer  8).... Brian
And THAT is why we have been camping with Lennie all these years... :D

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2015, 11:20:07 pm »
Well I'll be there with bells on! Plan on camping this year for sure. Maybe even getting there earlier. May try for the whole week this time.

Pat I hope to get to meet you there! Would love to get to visit with you a bit.

Dave, you might want to bring another bow or two. I think Devin will be there again! Or maybe tiller one to 29" that he could shoot!  >:D
I'm hoping to get more shooting in this time. And some more visiting and trading. I'm probably going to be bringing some mockernut hickory staves with me. These are nice ones and super straight. May put one on the table for the auction.

Hows everyone's Franken bow coming? Mine is still in two pieces.  :laugh: Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 11:21:55 pm »
Pat I will be bringing a bradford pear stave with me to work on if I get the chance. Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 11:34:19 pm »
It will be nice to meet you too Patrick. Will you beat the Classic?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 11:52:40 pm »
Yes sir, planning on it. Maybe if you would want to you could help me get started on that bradford pear there? It will still be green some but thought I would get it roughed out. Patrick

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 11:57:17 pm »
I'll be happy to help you. I'll have my Stave Master and my bucket of tools. We can get it started at the classic and finish it up at MoJam.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 12:09:25 am »
Thanks Pat, that would be awesome. I know that you said that you always wanted to make one from bradford pear so I thought you might enjoy it. Hopefully the stave dries out a bit. It's only been cut for about a month and a half. Patrick

Offline Patches

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 09:41:36 am »
Patrick, If I knew you was wanting a Bradford pear stave I had one that had been curing for about a year.  I started looking at it, decided I would not use it for anything and used it for firewood.  Dang it!

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 10:49:25 am »
No biggie buddy, neighbor was cutting his down and I asked if I could have one of the limbs. Thought I would give it a shot. Patrick

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 01:15:13 pm »
Patrick, if you can get it reduced to floor tiller stage it will dry a lot quicker. Heck it might be ready to build a bow at the Classic.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 01:18:32 pm »
I will see what I can do Pat. Pretty tied up with some other bows right now. As soon as it warms up this weekend I may pull it out and work on it a bit. Patrick