Linked Events

• MoJam 2015 Missouri: July 16, 2015 - July 18, 2015

Author Topic: When is MoJam 2015?  (Read 68017 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: When is MoJam 2015?
« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2015, 04:12:52 pm »
Good deal Eric glad you found your hammer! I always hate misplacing tools. I like the cheap finger releases, lats year I bought one from Red Buffalo and this year I had to buy another one. I guess it's a new tradition. Buy one, loose on, buy one, lo...well I guess I'll have to see if I loose this one... Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2015, 06:49:36 pm »
Glad to hear everyone made it home safe.  The boys and I have almost got the weeks worth of laundry finished and we scrubbed the camper down today after work and have finished unpacking.  Nothing like MOJAM to get the bow making juices flowing again too. 
  Thanks to Pat and Jon again for the help down at the pavilion this year.  There are so many people that a few more instructors were needed. It was nice to be able to step away for a drink and a quick bs with friends this year. 
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline JonW

« Reply #242 on: July 20, 2015, 06:55:26 pm »
Had a real good time fellas. Dave thursday night was maybe a little too much :o It was good to see some faces to put to the forum names. Made some good friends and had good times with all.

Offline sleek

« Reply #243 on: July 20, 2015, 09:20:26 pm »
For sure it was good to make a few wood shavings. I hadnt worked on bows like that in a while. My bow muscles have been worked like never before and it is such a satisfying feeling. Gonna finish up the three I made and will post when im done. 

I really thought I had an eye for proper tiller, but learned that I have a problem keeping my outter thirds too stiff. Thanks to the guys who spent time with me at patricks awesome tiller tree. I am better off for it.  It was an amazing time, community, camping experience.  Look forward to next year and all the future archery gatherings.  Hopefully next year we can add the Oklahoma Classic to the line up. Many folks seem interested in it. It would be nice to have one more event before hunting season.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #244 on: July 20, 2015, 10:34:51 pm »
Pretty sure Thursday night slowed us all down.   I'd like to think of it as pre hydrating for Friday but I think it failed.  It sure was a good time though.  I'm going to try and make it to the ok classic when it gets here.  Keep me posted.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley