Linked Events

• MoJam 2015 Missouri: July 16, 2015 - July 18, 2015

Author Topic: When is MoJam 2015?  (Read 67196 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Re: When is MoJam 2015?
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2015, 06:25:18 pm »
I do love it when sal makes it. I'll bring extra pie if someone can bring the extra wood for sal to use as a pillow.  Lol.
 Bob if you stay at the hotel how are we gonna shoot in the midnight bow skirmish? Either way I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Eric Tuesday won't be bad there might still be a spot left around me. Is the wife coming this time or will your brother be handling you again this year?
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2015, 07:31:15 pm »
... is the wife coming this time or will your brother be handling you again this year?
With friends like Dvs .....
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2015, 08:09:24 pm »
... is the wife coming this time or will your brother be handling you again this year?
With friends like Dvs .....

You don't need any enemies...
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2015, 11:34:05 am »
<snip>
Eric Tuesday won't be bad there might still be a spot left around me. Is the wife coming this time or will your brother be handling you again this year?

My wife is my exclusive handler, ...my brother just tries to keep me from snapping perfectly good bow wood into splinters.  The wife did mention something about you needing to find a way to get over your shyness though.  Not too sure what she meant...  :o :o :o

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2015, 12:22:55 pm »

my brother just tries to keep me from snapping perfectly good bow wood into splinters.
OneBow

[/quote]

If he is keeping you from making splinters,  who is keeping him from burning your bows?  >:D Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2015, 11:27:46 am »
<snip>

My wife is my exclusive handler, ...my brother just tries to keep me from snapping perfectly good bow wood into splinters.  The wife did mention something about you needing to find a way to get over your shyness though.  Not too sure what she meant...  :o :o :o

OneBow

Never expected to see Dave and "shyness" used together in a sentence regarding Mojam..?  ???
Was your wife being ironic Eric ?
 ;)

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2015, 03:35:15 pm »
<snip>

<snip>The wife did mention something about you needing to find a way to get over your shyness though.  Not too sure what she meant...  :o :o :o

OneBow

Never expected to see Dave and "shyness" used together in a sentence regarding Mojam..?  ???
Was your wife being ironic Eric ?
 ;)

I expect so Paul, she and he got on well at the Classic.  She knows very little about primitive archery (...even less than me!  :o) but Dave was a great sport about answering her kinda silly questions and making friends.  He even shared with her a few completely apocryphal stories about my alleged conquests at OJAM this spring, ...the Booger even invited her to visit his tent  ;) if she wanted to meet a bowyer that didn't break near as many bows as he makes!

OneBow

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2015, 09:40:06 am »
You should bring her to Mojam Eric. That way she'll be able to see that it draws a more genteel group of people...
 ;)

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2015, 05:22:50 pm »
Plus she probably misses me >:D 8)
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2015, 05:33:52 pm »
What an imagination.@
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2015, 08:02:26 am »
I'm starting to wonder if Keith is going to make an official thread for moral or not this year. Also I haven't heard of the shirt ordering thread on trad gang yet either?

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2015, 11:52:09 am »
I'm starting to wonder if Keith is going to make an official thread for moral or not this year. Also I haven't heard of the shirt ordering thread on trad gang yet either?

Me neither Dave, I was just wondering about the same thing yesterday. Has anyone heard from Keith lately. I was thinking about calling the club and seeing if everything is going ok. Patrick

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2015, 08:01:57 pm »
I'm sure everything is fine. Keith doesn't get online much.  You can give Em a call if you want. I bet they have something up soon. If not  oh well I'm going anyway. Lol

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2015, 01:48:21 am »
I checked out their website today and their Facebook page. Looks like they are gearing up for it.

I may have some guest coming down the latter part of the week. My wife said that she might drive down for Friday and Saturday. Also my sister in law and my favorite niece. That should be fun! I guess I'll have to be on my good behavior for at least a couple of days! Patrick

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2015, 09:17:38 am »
I do love it when sal makes it. I'll bring extra pie if someone can bring the extra wood for sal to use as a pillow.  Lol.
 Bob if you stay at the hotel how are we gonna shoot in the midnight bow skirmish? Either way I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Dave, we'll just have to find a way...maybe the wives can go back to the hotel and the guys can stay a little late for the talking/shooting.  :)  That picture of Sal sleeping with his head on the staves was a classic...
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...