Linked Events

• MoJam 2015 Missouri: July 16, 2015 - July 18, 2015

Author Topic: When is MoJam 2015?  (Read 68091 times)

Offline Onebowonder

Re: When is MoJam 2015?
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2015, 03:53:12 pm »
I wish MOJAM was starting today!  Our weather right now could hardly be more perfect.  I suspect the sky will remember how to get hot again by mid July though. <sigh:( :embarassed: ???

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2015, 04:05:36 pm »
I wish MOJAM was starting today!  Our weather right now could hardly be more perfect.  I suspect the sky will remember how to get hot again by mid July though. <sigh:( :embarassed: ???

OneBow

+2, this weather is really nice right now. I looked at future cast that only went to 7/14. It showed 90's during the day and upper 60's at night. Maybe our evening's will be nice for all of the moonlight adventures. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2015, 12:44:31 pm »
I'm guessing that the weather will be back to it's "seasonal" levels this year.  ::)
But my oh my, wasn't last year something special ...  ;D

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2015, 03:09:39 pm »
Boy it sure was Paul! We could only pray for weather like that again! Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2015, 09:05:47 pm »
Last year Tuesday morning I stepped out of the camper and almost...almost put on a long sleeved tshirt. I didn't only out of respect for the weather.  I hope this year is as nice too.  Having said that, I'll be happy even if it's 110.  Can't wait to see the "family" again.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2015, 01:16:10 pm »
I talked to my buddy last night that made my scrapper. He is going to make some and I will have them a mojam. He is going to make some the size of mine and some a bit smaller. I'm guessing that hi will make about a dozen or so. Patrick

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2015, 08:06:31 pm »
Learned my first year there how HOT it actually can be in Marshall, MO and how much it can bite you!  Now I go down to the shaded area early and stay there till it's cool again, ...or until I'm adequately influenced not to notice, whichever comes first. 

I was going to try to persuade the wife to keep the AC off in the house until after MOJAM so I could build up my heat tolerance, ...but then I figured I'd probably just wind up banished to the storage shed at the back of the lot, and decided to keep my yap shut.   8)  I ain't completely STOOOPID!

OneBow
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:24:47 am by Onebowonder »

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2015, 08:00:29 am »
... I got three jokes.  >:D

The forecast for this summer is supposed to be cooler than normal. Might have a repeat.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2015, 08:07:36 am »
Last year's weather was about as nice as we could have asked for, let's hope we get another repeat.  Can't wait, another month and a half to go

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2015, 12:14:15 pm »
Here is the future cast for mojam. It's not last year but it ain't bad at all. Patrick

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2015, 02:57:03 pm »
Hope that forecast becomes actual.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2015, 08:00:17 pm »
That would be awesome.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2015, 08:43:18 am »
I think I might be able to tolerate those temps if the humidity level isn't to bad. ;D
I sure would like to be at this event, I see that there is a good cast of characters attending.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2015, 10:29:54 am »
Well come on! I think they will let you in! >:D Patrick

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2015, 12:04:06 pm »
I sure would like to be at this event, I see that there is a good cast of characters attending.
"Good" might be stretchin' it ... but, "interesting" most definitely!
Would be GREAT to see ya!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857