Author Topic: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress  (Read 349463 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress
« Reply #1230 on: September 09, 2015, 09:40:30 pm »
I agree, sleek, I'm just sitting back shaking my head. I still think it all comes down to priorities.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #1231 on: September 09, 2015, 09:47:46 pm »
I was checking this thread out earlier today, and it lists the members at the top
who are also viewing it. Huisme was one of them haha.

Offline son of massey

« Reply #1232 on: September 09, 2015, 09:49:14 pm »
So don't buy it. Because yeah everyone has ipads and multiple computers and cell phones...sure dropping off the face of the Earth is not going to endear you to anybody but if he shows up and says he hasn't gotten it because he is dealing with the nightmare of pulling data off a crap computer and all the attendant issues that may rise I can understand putting this on the back-burner. Honestly, if a computer drops due to a virus or something and it is a machine you run a business on you may have bigger issues than whether or not the address of the guy you have the bow ready for is something you grabbed. Being a deadbeat is lame. That is fine. Ducking calls because you just can't deal with that on top of whatever other stuff is going on is frustrating, but as it is something I could see myself doing until I got dug out I get it. If he comes through great. If he doesn't that is weak and we all know that is the case. If you don't like it don't trade with him. But don't assume you can dictate how everyone else should prioritize the trade bow deal when other stuff happens. He said I apologize and it is my bad. As I said before, no horse in the race really, but cut him the slack of being insulting publicly. Don't like it don't deal with him. Run a trade and tell him not to be involved. Don't trade if he runs the trades...that is all fine, otherwise just let it go. If he comes through in the near future great. If he doesn't take the cause up again. In the meantime let the hot blood cool please.
-Note, not advocating ditching on a trade in any way. The person of interest here has been active for a long enough time that I think a little more rope after they apologize would be in the best interest of all. For a while anyway. At the very least continuing this is only going to make communication harder if you want to get back in touch with him.-
SOM

Offline sleek

« Reply #1233 on: September 09, 2015, 09:58:39 pm »
Pa is a very understanding and relaxed group of people. As a general rule, we are also a live and let live group. If only he had come out and said what you had offered up as an excuse for him then I myself would have understood.  That wouldnt mean he is off the hook but at least we would have known why. Beyond that,  as it stands right now, im still waiting as are the rest of us. Growing up I learned a lesson I am teaching my son. When ya done wrong, you gadda answer for it. That dont mean just takin your licks, it literally means, you answer for it. Hadnt had an answer yet. But no doubt, good on ya for taking up for a guy in a situation we dont have all the facts on yet. Understand too though, everyone has given him a chance, mkst have just run out of patience a month later. A month.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline sleek

« Reply #1234 on: September 09, 2015, 10:07:23 pm »
By the way, you kin to John and Jay?

Offline son of massey

« Reply #1235 on: September 09, 2015, 10:23:16 pm »
Nope, although that would be cool. In high school I read an article in Alaska magazine about Jay, which I found super interesting. Reading more of his work lead to the TBB and then to here. It was inspiration from him that got me going, albeit not at all personally or directly. Perhaps a pretentious take on that, or maybe overkill, but I went with it years ago in high school so give me some leeway for youthful indulgence I guess.
SOM

Offline sleek

« Reply #1236 on: September 09, 2015, 10:26:43 pm »
Hey man, this day in age you can self identify as anything you want. Me? I self identity as an anorexic trying to put on weight and thats how come I eat so much and my scale self identifies as broken which is why it says I weigh 250#.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #1237 on: September 09, 2015, 11:06:31 pm »
Hey man, this day in age you can self identify as anything you want. Me? I self identity as an anorexic trying to put on weight and thats how come I eat so much and my scale self identifies as broken which is why it says I weigh 250#.

You can make them scales go the other direction. (Down) I know I was 264 in march of this year and this morning I am 198.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #1238 on: September 09, 2015, 11:30:15 pm »

You can make them scales go the other direction. (Down) I know I was 264 in march of this year and this morning I am 198.

Looks like you lost a fps Bob!  >:D Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #1239 on: September 09, 2015, 11:37:00 pm »
Big trade this year. 83 pages of involvement and growing. No matter what happens from here on out it would be nice to see everyone's involvement fulfilled even if it is late.

In regard to others I have no clue but if my computer went down my means of communication would be somewhat stymied. Unlike most of you I do not have or care to have mobile devices. Cell phones ???

No cell phone and no television for 6+ years. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm by no means making excuses for anybody. My Dad use to say, "There may be a good reason but there's no such thing as a good excuse".
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline sleek

« Reply #1240 on: September 09, 2015, 11:47:19 pm »
I dont take much stock in television either. Cant recall last time I really looked at one.

Computer or no, cell phone or no, his mother was given many messages that he never returned. 

Offline Josh B

« Reply #1241 on: September 10, 2015, 12:26:32 am »
Some of you are pretty much beating a dead horse at this point.  Everyone that was MIA has checked in relatively recently and promised to make good.  Leave it go for now.  If they haven't fulfilled there obligation in the next couple weeks, then you can burn em at the stake! >:D. Josh

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
« Reply #1242 on: September 10, 2015, 02:51:36 pm »
I have a dumbphone I tried to use to no avail. As was mentioned trying to come up with certain business documents has taken a lot of my attention but it still doesn't seem like an excuse to me. Lots of trouble on two fronts all because I misplaced my trust in a shiny new machine ::)

I shipped and called my recipient, no answer so I left a message.

To further clarify I now have Wednesday and Thursday off and I can get one hour each of those days. I tried to get the time sooner but the boss is less than sympathetic.

To further clarify than previously clarifying further, the library only allows an hour a day unless several computers are free, which they're not, so my hour is up and I want to address any questions I've left unanswered.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:19:42 pm by huisme »
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
« Reply #1243 on: September 10, 2015, 07:24:42 pm »
At two thirty my computer came back without any of the files I needed for other stuff so while I have a lot of work ahead of me I'm available.
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #1244 on: September 10, 2015, 11:28:39 pm »
Hoo boy, sorry I missed all this fun.  ::)