Author Topic: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress  (Read 344134 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress
« Reply #690 on: August 02, 2015, 08:15:27 pm »
Whoever gets that bow is a lucky man! Being the only one of us there with an natural 28" draw, I had the honor of getting to shoot it for the tests. That bow is amazing! I didn't want to hand it back.

Josh I'm sure glad you was able to shoot it! I can shoot 28 but it's pretty hard on my back. Which I'm feeling today. I wish it was yours, you shot it well. Thanks, Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline E. Jensen

« Reply #691 on: August 02, 2015, 08:22:52 pm »
Awesome bow!  199, phew that's fast.  mine is shooting anywhere from 60 to 350.  Ya I might want to get a new chrono . . . .

I got my grip tooled.  I'll let it sit to dry and maybe start dyeing it tonight.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #692 on: August 02, 2015, 08:31:59 pm »
How you gonna get that grip on the bow Patrick is sending me?   I love the runes and the toolingThere is some nice work going on out there. I hope I can send my guy something just as nice.  I spent all day yesterday on tip overlays.

Offline E. Jensen

« Reply #693 on: August 02, 2015, 08:45:24 pm »
See my bow doesn't have tip overlays so I had to do something to make up for that or my guy would feel like he got jipped!

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
« Reply #694 on: August 02, 2015, 09:03:47 pm »
I refined the tips again. As soon as I think they're light enough I convince myself they're still bulky ;) Just a couple inches from final draw length and well within poundage. I'm going to take a few of the old osage shavings and dye a scrap of leather, see how it looks against the finished locust.
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #695 on: August 02, 2015, 09:53:06 pm »
How you gonna get that grip on the bow Patrick is sending me?   I love the runes and the toolingThere is some nice work going on out there. I hope I can send my guy something just as nice.  I spent all day yesterday on tip overlays.

Don't worry bud, E. Jenson is shipping it to me in the morning. It will have leather on it when it's shipped! Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #696 on: August 02, 2015, 10:08:28 pm »
Lebhuntfish that is one sweet profile on that bow.

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #697 on: August 03, 2015, 09:25:07 am »
That is a very cool grip. anyone would be proud to show that off.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #698 on: August 03, 2015, 10:31:15 am »
Lebhuntfish that is one sweet profile on that bow.

Thanks bud! I'm going to build some more. This is a first of this design for me. Patrick

Offline KellyG

« Reply #699 on: August 03, 2015, 10:45:40 am »
Ok I shaved a bit off they hickory pyrimid bow I let here set a week in this GA humidity after she got her belly toasted. I need to make a long string so I can work here down. I should have her shooting this weekend. I will get some pics up later this week if I have any big changes. The osage is going in the tradgang swap so no need to tease yall with that one. I have a big bull snake skin that might go on this bow though. I my try and put some walnut stain on it also. I got  some in a kit this weekend. I was looking for tru oil and it only came in stock refinish kit that had it, stain and some other stuff in it. 

I could of had a timber rattler skin but I cant bring myself to kill them when all they want to do is sither away. He was just over 4' long and just getting off the road. My phone died and I could not get a pic of him.

Offline E. Jensen

« Reply #700 on: August 03, 2015, 01:07:18 pm »
I hope you guys don't mind the frequent updates on this grip

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #701 on: August 03, 2015, 01:28:15 pm »

...well now that you mention it, the drool on my keyboard is getting to be a little bit worrisome! :P :P :o

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #702 on: August 03, 2015, 01:41:42 pm »

Wow, I hope that grip is going on my bow. If not just send me one anyways!  >:D Patrick

Offline Accipiter

« Reply #703 on: August 03, 2015, 05:36:04 pm »
Wow, that is some outstanding leatherwork, very cool!  Also... according to USPS, someones got a package on their doorstep this afternoon! Almost as exciting as receiving one on my doorstep! And now that I think about, they're actually the same package (but not the bow inside  ;))- thanks Drewster!

Offline Drewster

« Reply #704 on: August 03, 2015, 06:10:16 pm »
Wow, that is some outstanding leatherwork, very cool!  Also... according to USPS, someones got a package on their doorstep this afternoon! Almost as exciting as receiving one on my doorstep! And now that I think about, they're actually the same package (but not the bow inside  ;))- thanks Drewster!

Delighted you recycled the packaging!!!
Drew - Boone, NC