Author Topic: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress  (Read 350950 times)

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Re: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress
« Reply #1020 on: August 30, 2015, 12:48:22 am »
Also, Because everyone has received a bow (Just about), we should have more on the page for received bows. Please do your sender a solid and post a photo or two!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #1021 on: August 30, 2015, 05:33:12 am »
I still have not received yet.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #1022 on: August 30, 2015, 08:03:21 am »
I am with bruce on this one . If you enter the bow trade you should be able to produce a bow that shoots for your guy. If you can't then you should not get in the bow trade. It seems to me that some get in just to try and get a good bow and don't worry about the guy they are making one for at all. I don't think it's right

Offline sleek

« Reply #1023 on: August 30, 2015, 08:33:13 am »
Im not ashamed to say in public that is certainly the truth.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline LittleBen

« Reply #1024 on: August 30, 2015, 09:58:22 am »
Personally I would like to see some clear images of any bows that are deemed not suitable by their recipients. Let's at least see what we're talking about.

Actually I, dying here sitting on he sidelines, just waiting to see more pics of ALL the swap bows. Not much in the way of finished how pics at all.

Offline sleek

« Reply #1025 on: August 30, 2015, 10:49:57 am »
Than why am I being belittled for being pissed about getting a non functioning bow?! I'm not new to being the bad guy. But rules are rules.

Just honestly answering your question and being blunt no hard feelings ok?

You did right to tell jojo. Jojo did right saying he would make another. That's where it should have stopped. But you mentioned it several times after and it seemed to ne pointed ( note the word seemed maybe it wasnt ) towarsa jojo who said he would fix it but you wouldnt drop it. That pissed jojo off and honestly annoyed me some in reading it

You had some valid points about following the rules. Its good to make a point a nd then quit. You also however seemed to drive a point about not receiving quality. Not what the trade is for.  You dont feel you received quality.... but that reverts back to you telling jojo and jojo fixing it and you not dropping the issue.

That being said, hope I didnt piss you off. Its just how I read the situation.  Hope we can still get along cause I got nothing against ya and I know I have been a butt before, in many different situations. 

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #1026 on: August 30, 2015, 03:10:40 pm »
I'm having a real hard time just not saying anything after reading all this so here is my thoughts. I did it for three or four years and really enjoyed it. Lately I've only been doing personal trades. I still think the idea of the bow trade is a good one. But you guys are really sucking the life out of it. This is not the first time a dog has been sent out. I received one that broke on first pull and about 20 people witnessed it. I did call him up and tell him the truth but I did not go online and bring a lot of harsh words. I do believe if you enter into this you should be able to make a bow. Not a pretty bow not a fancy bow but one that could be strung and pulled back without breaking. I don't care about handshock I don't care about cast but the Bow should be able to be strung and pulled back. The bow that broke on me was obviously never really shot and to me it is obvious that it was made to be a wall hanger which is not what the deal is all about. I have probably 10 Bows from other great people that shoot great but the truth is I never shoot them. I pretty much only shoot what I make.  it is definitely a toss up on what you're going to get but this back and forth junior high drama does nothing but bring a lot of negative energy to this trade. So as far as I'm concerned take this back and forth commenting offline and leave it up to the people running the trade next year on who will and will not be in it. Sorry for the rant but I think everything being said here is counterproductive

Offline KellyG

« Reply #1027 on: August 31, 2015, 01:24:00 pm »
Ok I let her set after putting some more heat on the belly. I tried to fix the string tracking but either I went too far or it did not take. I think I have the tiller under control.

Ok just off the heat.

She sets almost strait now. After shooting she has some string follow but it comes out after she has rested.
Braced

Checking tiller

And near full draw.

The rain came in yesterday and kept me from heating it up  But I like the way this thing slings an arrow. It has better cast then any I have made.

Offline KellyG

« Reply #1028 on: August 31, 2015, 01:29:24 pm »
oK here is the issue.

Ok if the weather holds she will get some bacon grease on her then heated up. To get it better.
Once I am sure I have that done I will work on the handle and tips. I have a big ole bull snake I got off the road last spring. Then tru oil  and in a tube God willing next week.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #1029 on: August 31, 2015, 01:31:37 pm »
Dang Kelly! That dude sure is looking good! Can't wait to see I'd all finished up! Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline sleek

« Reply #1030 on: August 31, 2015, 03:25:48 pm »
Trust me on this. Dont have a cow trying to get string alignment. Its fine.

Offline bushboy

« Reply #1031 on: August 31, 2015, 05:28:27 pm »
A gentle push at the handle and some heat will take that out no sweat.i will do a mock up and post some pics if you want?
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #1032 on: August 31, 2015, 05:54:54 pm »
A gentle push at the handle and some heat will take that out no sweat.i will do a mock up and post some pics if you want?

I personally would like to see how you do that. I always pick a limb crook and straighten it out a bit. Patrick

Offline KellyG

« Reply #1033 on: August 31, 2015, 06:02:52 pm »
Sleek I dont worry to much but that bad boy is a bit to far over for me. If it was staying with me I would not bother but its not. I dont make the pretties bows I just like when they shoot but that one is just off. It tryies to twist when I stting it but not drawing it. So I will push it over a bit. I still have plenty in the handle and knocks so I can fine tune if i need to.

But if you look back that thing tiller was headed south and I think we pulled it off. with plenty of weight.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #1034 on: August 31, 2015, 06:14:13 pm »
I'm still in the dark about the bow I'm supposed to receive. No word and no package again today. Patrick