Author Topic: part five  (Read 9803 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: part five
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 08:59:19 pm »
 David,I cut 2" off that big ol'He-Coon's bone.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline TRACY

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 10:53:11 pm »
Also called a baculum or os penis. That's my two cents and I can sure find something else to pick my teeth with ;D
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline stickbender

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 12:42:39 am »

I knew what it was, but like Tracy said, I could find something else use for a tooth pick.  I have.  Ever since I was a kid, and My Grandfather would make his tooth picks out of a turkey quill.  He would cut it off, just below the beginning of the feathers.  Then He would cut the tip at an angle, just like you would for a writing quill.  Then he would clean out the inside stuff, and take a small dowel, and carve a little knob on one end, and taper the rest of it, to fit the quill, and that would keep the point strong, and straight, and not stick you when it is in your vest pocket, or shirt pocket.  And it works quite well, and I would think better than a Poor ol Coons's pride and joy, because it is very thin and flexible.  Not to mention not having to listen to your buddies raz you about putting it in your mouth, when they find out what it is...... I would use it for a Black Powder tool also.  The quill will be able to get into smaller places, and clean out those nipples, and flash holes a lot better.  As for the Coon tool, I'd put that in my MoJo bag too, for......uh, ...... right beside the bear claw, gator tooth, shark tooth, turkey feather, and toothpick, arrow head, Wo Ti stone, small pouch of tobacco, for thanks, after the hunt, and other such things as might enhance the hunt, along with prayer of thanks reguardless of how successful the hunt is.  Just a prayer of thanks for being able to hunt, and being able have the place to hunt.

Offline Zach Roberts

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 12:48:52 am »
 ;D ha ha ha ha haha
"If you ain't first...you're last"

"If you're not living on the edge,You're takin up to much space"