Author Topic: Improvised broad heads  (Read 9947 times)

Offline crooketarrow

Re: Improvised broad heads
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 12:49:16 pm »
Manof arms the reasons we hunt with knaped heads isn't because were scared of getting glass it meat.

Same reasons you stepped back to selfbows in the first place. Knaped heads well I guess you hadn't stepped back that far.

Thered be a lot of starved people in the last 100.000 years if you want to include pieces of broken sharp rock then knaped spear heads then knaped atlies heads then bows. I'd dout if any of those people worryed about getting cut by a peice of rock.

Besides I don't eat the ribs anyways.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Tree_Ninja

• Clandestine Bow-ops
Re: Improvised broad heads
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 02:56:19 pm »
You can see the grain run-off at the nock of the lowest arrow on the right. 

Must be a pvc bowyer.

I've turned my own shafts from salvaged logs that look better than that. ( primitive shoot arrows and bamboo are the most time efficient shafting material for the hobbyist arrowsmith IMO, all the "hardwood" dowels I've seen are dangerous)

Then I met a local arrowsmith and for a very reasonable price, he does all the legwork. The grain on his arrows are perfect. He spends hours at the lumber store looking for perfect arrow wood. 

Unless you want a shaft through the hand, quality and safety costs. Money or time, you choose.