Author Topic: Barberry r/d HLD (No. 64)  (Read 6361 times)

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
Re: Barberry r/d HLD (No. 64)
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 04:25:03 am »
That sir is this old mans "cup of tea" very nice. You managed to preserve the "early bow" look and feel with excellent performance. If ya lived up here I would get you and that bow out amongst the whitetail deer sir !!!!!

exceptional bow Simon
rich

Thanks Rich, one day I will be there and knocking on your door - bow and arrows in my hands ;)

Incredible work Simon. The simplicity of that bow in no way shows the work I know it took to get it there.

Jon

Yes Jon, you're right it took some time and effort to get that babe coming along

Nice bow! The biggest Barberry I've seen was just big enough to carve a chess piece. It has a nice bright color. Do you know how it ages.

That stick wasn't that big, as said is was only 1¼” diameter - but hard to find even such a stick like this. I have no idea how it ages, but I have reduced the stave because of the drying checks (didn't want to get them through the complete stave). This was a few month ago and I noticed no remarkable changing in color.

Nice!  You got a nice bow out of that rugged looking stick of a stave Simon. Great bend on the full draw, you sure know how to tame 'em.
To me the back, belly grain and wild character of that wood looks like the buckthorn growing around here only with different coloring. 

I know what you mean, Greg. I still have your knotty Carla in mind.

Thanks all, I appriciate all your comments.
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 04:44:58 pm »
Great work Simon. How's it shoot.

Offline Drewster

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 05:38:00 pm »
Your artistry with wood continues to delight me Simon.  I swear, I believe you could tiller a wooden match stick :-)
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline arachnid

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 05:56:19 pm »
Man, talk about a stick and a string....... just amazing!

mikekeswick

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2015, 03:00:32 am »
Top notch. :)

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 10:50:53 am »
Nice!  You got a nice bow out of that rugged looking stick of a stave Simon. Great bend on the full draw, you sure know how to tame 'em.
To me the back, belly grain and wild character of that wood looks like the buckthorn growing around here only with different coloring.

I was thinking the the same the same thing greg.

Fantastic job on thst one again.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Bullitt

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 03:35:57 pm »
Fine job!

Offline Hans H

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 04:17:30 pm »
beautiful craftmanship
Hans,      Bavaria, Germany

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2015, 05:02:08 pm »
Well done!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2015, 08:39:16 pm »
Simson,
             Awesome sapling bow! Love the nocks 8) Bend looks perfect at usual 8)
                                                                                                                                   Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;