Author Topic: Elm Hall 2015  (Read 35949 times)

Offline Onebowonder

Re: Elm Hall 2015
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2015, 03:25:16 pm »
From all these great write ups, it sounds like I have got to figure out how to get an invite to this one next year.  It really sounds/looks like y'all had a great time!

OneBow

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2015, 04:26:59 pm »
No invite needed OB, just show up between Monday and Sunday.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2015, 09:09:08 am »
super bummed that I couldn't make it, last minute work stuff put a stranglehold on me. thought I had errything worked oot , but whaddya do. whats the next Michigan / Ohio event ?
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2015, 10:42:42 am »
I was waiting for the intro stix. Sorry you couldn't make it. Maybe next year.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2015, 08:35:36 am »
Stix, The GLLI is this weekend near Hastings, MI.  It's the Michigan Longbow Assoc. shoot.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2015, 10:18:49 pm »
Finally got to taste one of Ed's home brews last night, courtesy of Erik Traynor, winner of the case that Ed donated. Excellent beer Ed! Thanks again for the contribution!!

Rocky

Glad you enjoyed it Rocky, it was the lease I could do to say thanks to you and the whole Elm hall crew for  putting together such a fine event!!!
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline Forest_Farmer

« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2015, 11:37:14 pm »
I finally got home from the U.P. and started catching up with the Elm Hall posts.

I too had a great time, and came away from this years event with a great sense of accomplishment from building my first friction fires.

Thank you Tony for your bringing your gear and knowledge!  For the record you are a very good teacher, and that was key everyone being successful.  Because of your efforts, while in the UP, I was able to collect materials from the surrounding woods and make several friction fires. I also passed on this knowledge to my 79 year old neighbor.

Thanks to both Chris's, Paul,and Dan for helping me with harvesting my first Elm.  Hopefully I will make something worthy of the efforts (Paul).  A special thanks also goes out to Greg "Badly Bent" and Sharon for saving me a killer camp sight, and letting me share meals with you. 

The food, friends and laughter around the camp fires was fantastic.  It's amazing how many friends I've made after only being evolved in traditional archery for only 3 years.  Some of the finest people I ever met.  Can't wait to see you all again next year!!

I will also be posting a few pictures once I figure out how to reduce them to a good posting size.

Offline Forest_Farmer

« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2015, 09:47:15 am »
I didn't take a lot of pictures, but here are a few of the guys cooking for the Saturday night feast, and me cooking up some moose tenderloin.

Offline Forest_Farmer

« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2015, 09:50:04 am »
Here's a picture of my friction fire making kit that I made in the UP after Elm Hall.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2015, 10:27:13 pm »
Thank you Ed for cooking up that moose tenderloin for us, that was deeeelicious. You wasted no time I see putting together a nice friction fire kit. Your right about Tony being a first rate instructor, he let me have a go at it on one of his kits and it worked on my first attempt. Thanks for sharing your skills Tony.
Your right about this being a great place to make some of the best friends a guy could ask for, I'm always looking forward to the next gathering and hanging out with the PA family. See ya at the next one cottontail. :)

I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Forest_Farmer

« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2015, 11:32:45 pm »
Damn Greg , I thought you had enough beer in you Saturday night to forget the cottontail story.  Guess not, cotton tail it is.
See you in the spring brother,,,,, unless there is an event later this year :)
Ed

blackhawk

« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2015, 06:47:58 am »
Thanks for sharing ur pics ed..ahem..i mean cottontail. You shouldve won a prize for the best story told all weekend long. You had most all of us with tears in our eyes from laughing so hard...i know i did  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2015, 07:01:50 am »
That was the funniest campfire story I've ever heard, hands down.

Offline Forest_Farmer

« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2015, 09:28:29 am »
The best part is that that story is that is was 100% true,,,, maybe I shouldn't admit that,  but it was funny.
  Glad you guys enjoyed it, and I can't wait to see you at the next event!!!
CT