Author Topic: Elm Hall 2015  (Read 36604 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Elm Hall 2015
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 09:06:59 am »
I agree, there are TONS of guys walking around that look just like you pappy! I think your mixed up Ed.

Getting closer fella's. Maybe just maybe we got all this rain out of our system and the skeeters will be their usual well  behaved selves. Last year was the worst they've been in my time at the shoot. Most years there are little to none.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 10:10:34 am »
Skeeters ,they had skeeters , ??? didn't notice. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2015, 09:42:41 am »
I might have been mistaking Chris, but this Pappy look a like had bare feet and blue jean coveralls on,,,,,,,just saying.

BTW, as part of the build area would you mind If I brought a couple of deer hides up to work on brain tanning or just making raw hide. 

I've never done either, and I know that the guy who looks a a lot like Pappy will be there, and he knows a thing or two about tanning hides.  I may be able to pick his brain if I offer him up a beer or two.

I'd ask the "real" Pappy, but I know that I couldn't bribe him with a non Miller lite beer.  lol
Ed
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline Rocky

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2015, 09:59:48 am »
We may not have skeeters this year so we've ordered a pint jar of wood ticks from Tennessee just in case. Plan to turn them loose in the bus. Hope they arrive on time!! >:D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2015, 11:13:11 am »
That's OK Rocky, we can bring our own and we will be sure to leave a few for yall to enjoy and maybe some breeding stock also, they are cute little fellows. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2015, 08:44:28 am »
We've just had a hatch after the weekend rain.  Can't go outside without long sleeves.  Going to pick spray up for the fogger tonight.  We got 'em thick in Perry, MI.  Do ticks eat mosquitoes?  If so, bring a jar for my house.  Maybe the lesser of two evils. >:D
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Rocky

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2015, 11:49:38 am »
Keep yourself hydrated with plenty of Miller Lite Matt. It makes the skeeters happy and extends your blood supply!

Rocky

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2015, 07:29:18 pm »
I agree Rocky!  Got one going now while I fog the yard for skeeters.  One hand for the fogger, the other for the Lite.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2015, 04:42:46 am »
 ;D ;D ;D,maybe that is why I didn't mind them. ;) Less than a month and we will be headed North. Yee Ha. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2015, 10:04:35 am »
Well I'm bringing a pump sprayer for the skeeters and just one can of beer,  "but it is a 5 gal can".

I brewed last Sunday,  so the beer will be Ready at the end of the month.  I decided to brew a double batch and  bottle a case for the auction.  Hopefully the club will make a little money off of it.

I also will be bringing some staves to sell or barter and a couple of hides to work on. 
Can't wait!
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

owlbait

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2015, 02:01:20 pm »
Planning on being there Saturday. Have to get in the feed line! If the bugs are bad, I'll stop early and sit around the club house. Can't wait to shoot my sassafras bow on the course, what a blast to shoot! Ol' KH did a fine job on that one. :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2015, 03:51:47 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you two ya-hoo's Teach. Do me a favor and BRING A TENT WOULD YA'!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

owlbait

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2015, 05:37:08 pm »
You need one to borrow? I have one and if I can find it... Moved last fall and still sorting through stuff :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2015, 07:47:12 am »
Heck no, I have a tin tent! But you and Kev need it.

Offline Rocky

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2015, 09:02:31 am »
Shoot preparation is in full swing now. Brent has the shirt design done, food and cooks are confirmed and Pearly has the bow building and elm bow contest figured out! Course, camping and grounds work starts this weekend. Only 21 days until the first campers are due in - won't be long now!! Too much fun!! Shoot information is attached. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions or want information.

Rocky