Author Topic: Arrow Exchange Names & Pics  (Read 41769 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Arrow Exchange Names & Pics
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2015, 10:25:46 am »
Glad you like them aaron. Did you get the note too? I had a great time making them. I love these arrow trades!!
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2015, 11:30:44 am »
I did get the note,  and I'm sure I will be aiming these babies at a squirrel or two.  Thanks again, it really shows in the quality of work when someone really enjoys what they are building, these arrows are no exception.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2015, 04:26:23 pm »
Came home from work at 9AM this morning and mine is headed to Utah. Redhand, don't hesitate to hunt with it. It is hand splined and with the head on it I'd bet it will shoot hard and straight out of anything from 45-60#.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2015, 04:41:09 pm »
Ended up late. Have a busy schedule tomorrow morning so won't be able to get mine in the mail until Tuesday morning but will ship priority.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2015, 05:13:19 pm »
I know I'm getting down to the wire and hoping to send out first thing tomorrow morning but correct me if I'm wrong isn't it okay if we get out in the mail on the 8th which is Tuesday? Some of the previous comments sound like guys already think they're late. Monday being a holiday obviously the post office will be closedp. I'm not one to be late on anything so I just want to double check.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2015, 05:31:20 pm »

No worries. I can't remember the last time I was in a hurry for any thing. Everyone always compares life to a race. The finish line of a race has cheering, medals, and celebration. Life's finish line doesn't openly appear to be that appealing.

Mullet,

Your package will hit the mail tomorrow morning. I'll pm you a tracking #. If it wasn't for the work related road trip, I wouldn't be fashionably late. Hopefully we share a similar sense of urgency. I'll post a pic or two later tonight when the house is quiet and the line for the computer is shorter.   
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2015, 05:36:52 pm »
Dakota, I'm off work for three days and have the Grill fired up right now. I'm in no hurry, take your time.

Eddie
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Redhand

• Marlen Murdock PM109458
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2015, 06:33:29 pm »
That would be perfect mullet. I have a 47 pound sinew backed juniper bow that I plan on hunting with.  I appreciate it.
Northern Ute

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2015, 06:40:22 pm »
Just got home from work and found an arrow from ajbruggink waiting for me.........
A big THANKS to ya Aaron......it will look good in my collection.....
Thanks again
DBar
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:18:16 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2015, 12:24:32 am »
Here's the sneak preview. I used a lot more natural materials than I usually do. I'm typically a fan of functionality over aesthetics. I assumed modern materials were easier to work with in most cases. In this case I didn't find it any more taxing. Aside from the TBIII, store bought thread, and food coloring to dye the feathers everything was natural.

I gave a light dusting with the airbrush to the fletchings to make them look like fish scale-ish.

The tips are woodchuck leg bone pieces attached with deer sinew. I used a clay marble I found on the lake Erie shore while looking for beach glass to spread the bamboo. Then wrapped it up tight with more sinew.

The safety slide is antler. A word of caution for Mullet, I haven't tested a slide of this type. I usually use a drilled out wire nut, but it wouldn't have looked right on this arrow. It seemed to slide just as easily and I would have test fired it without fear of failure if I had the time to bowfish this week. I  figured I should disclose that kind of info.

It will be on it's way to Floridia in the morning. This was fun and it made me get a little more creative than usual. I look forward to future trades.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2015, 08:58:19 am »
Wow Kid ......now that's what I call an arrow for an arrow trade..... 8) 8)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2015, 09:46:26 am »
 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2015, 10:47:20 am »
Wow Kid ......now that's what I call an arrow for an arrow trade..... 8) 8)
DBar

YES!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2015, 12:28:04 pm »
Oh, yea, I like it! It's cool getting something different.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2015, 02:25:41 pm »
You guys are kicking out some real nice arrows for the exchange, I'm enjoying the pics. :)
I gotta get back in it next time around, decided not to this year because work and family obligations have been taking up most of my time and energy the past couple months.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.