Author Topic: Target Panic; group therapy  (Read 9687 times)

Offline DC

Re: Target Panic; group therapy
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2015, 12:55:38 pm »
I think I'd have to get a bigger target ;D ;D ;D

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2015, 03:09:14 pm »
  I know of someone tha broke his panic by shooting at night. Not at a target but just at the butt.

Just worked on form and ankor FEEL.

WORK ON FEEL ,NOT SIGHT AS YOU COME ON TARGET TO RELEASE.

Heres what I've found out with 30 plus years bow and 23 seasons shooting selfbows.

Heres a little chalange.

With out exception if you think your a perrty good shot. Get a judio and take a walk. You'll quiuckly find out you suck at your shooting and judgeing distanes.

I had been shooting recurves and long bows with judios for 6 years then for 23 years selfbow practic. All my real practic is roaming shooting judios. Only time I shoot across the yard is when building a bow for someone.

Take a judio for a walk. You under stand what I mean.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2015, 08:14:48 am »
Here,here.That's the truth.I do a heck of a lot of stump shooting myself too.If every deer would give me 2 shots I'd have to buy an extra freezer.I burn a hole at a very small spot on my target with my eye [focus] and no diistractions physical or mental and let er fly.I know an archery store owner self bow maker that writes the words FOCUS on the belly at the fade of his top limb.In fact if a person is focused enough nothing distracts you and then let your routine take over.No rush,no hurry just loooose with confidence.The key for me to learn was to diagnose exactly what I did wrong if you know your equipment is right.
Now there is such a thing as shooting too much too.Getting tired.Your form will suffer.A person needs to recognize that too,but you should be able to shoot 50 arrows a day at least.
There's a long bow crack shot shooter I shoot with at times[he has shot muleys,elk, and bear at 50 yards many times] that says to shoot a compound for a couple of months every day to get accustomed to coming to your anchor besides the blind butt shooting.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2015, 12:22:57 pm »
I think I'd have to get a bigger target ;D ;D ;D

You don't even need a target. Shoot the ground in front of you. Which reminds me of another good practice trick. Toss a cotton ball on the ground in front of you and shoot at it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PeteC

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2015, 04:07:14 pm »
I agree with you.Practicing in the woods is something everyone should do regularly .I shoot from 5 to 50 yards,and have for years.I know what the sight picture looks like without thinking about it.When TP kicks in,my problem is "getting on target "without locking up ,then releasing the  string early.   God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas