Author Topic: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information  (Read 674558 times)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information
« on: January 22, 2016, 04:22:04 pm »
I need to know who hasn't been contacted with their recipients name and bow specs.

I lost my first database sheet on my word processor and had to start over about halfway through the signups.

We want all of you especially  the newest to this fantastic hobby and craft to enjoy and learn. By participating and asking questions you should be able to turn out a bow you'll be proud of.  8)

I need to know who hasn't been contacted with their recipients name and bow specs.

I lost my first database sheet on my word processor and had to start over about halfway through the signups.

Okay gentlemen the cards have been shuffled and here is the current members list. A few more maybe to add and then the wheel gets spun for the drawing. Hope you are all as excited as I am.

half eye
hammertime
turtle
Swampman
Mo_coon-catcher
tatoo dave
Tower
DuBois
pincushion
TimothyR
Gutshot
ajooter
Drewster
Dakota Kid
Blaflair2
kid bow
ty_in_ND
PlanB
jandersson
stixnstones
jeffp51
Loope
mwosborn
David Ewing
dylanholderman
Fred Arnold
stuckinthemud
Otter
sidmand
cabinetbowguy
Ryan C
Ranasp

Since this will probably be the smallest PA bow trade and there will a lot of new and younger participants than normal I've decided to add a little icing on the cake this year.

I will build a sinew backed osage and all participants in this years trade will be entered with the bow going to the winner of the drawing.

Every month there will be a drawing for the new members that haven't participated before or have under 1 year under their belt.

I will donate either a stave, draw knife, Nicholson rasp, sinew, arrow shafts, or something related to bow building each month for those showing the most participation. This is not how many times you've posted but rather what you've posted. We want to see what you're working on. The more pictures you show and questions you ask the more you'll learn and assure that  you will likely send out a bow you can be proud of.

Anyone wanting to donate items to this cause will be a great help. I want to see this with at least if not more participants than the invitational :laugh:

I'll be posting the sign up and rules shortly.

For all of you old timers on here I know you'll be glad to give advice and help these new guys out.
That's what it's all about.

Cheers ;)

#1  Send me a PM with
       Full Name
       Full Address
       Email Address
       Telephone #
       Which countries you will ship to (duh :P)

#2 Reply to this thread saying you're in with the following information:
      Bow specs preferred
      Example  LH  or  RH
      Draw weight  45-55#  10# increment
      27-29" draw (3" increment with the missing number  being your actual draw length

#3  If a new member (1 year or less) or never built a bow before you must send me a PM for
       verification.
       And if your under the age of 18 I will need to speak to you and parents via email and
       telephone.
       I'm not going to turn anyone down whom I believe is serious about fulfilling their obligation.

#4  All members including myself must participate actively by posting progress reports,pictures,
      asking questions, and helping those in need. Anyone not participating regularly after the first
      30 days will be removed and the bow being built for them will be either passed to someone
      else or given to a charitable cause.

#5   No bows are to be sent out individuals who are not participating. If you are ready to ship
       early please make sure that your recipient is doing their part in the trade.

#6  Any questions please ask them here and someone will respond. Pm me only for private
       discussion as my mailbox may be peaking.

#7 through #10 left open in case we don't have enough rules.

#7 State which area of the map you are willing to ship to. I knew there was a reason to leave my
     rules open to modification.

We want all of you especially  the newest to this fantastic hobby and craft to enjoy and learn. By participating and asking questions you should be able to turn out a bow you'll be proud of.  8)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 12:34:22 pm by Fred Arnold »
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

Re: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 04:41:14 pm »
I'd might as well get in on this. I have an ich to build a sinew backed ERC, so that's what will probably be leaving my hands.

Right hand
45-55 pounds
26-28"
If you want to make a short bow with short draw or a massive warbow, go for it. I'm open to anything.
Prefer to stay within the states but willing to ship  international if need be to fill a spot.

Kyle

Offline kid bow

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 04:46:58 pm »
right hand
draw weight 50-60
27-29 inches.
I honestly don't mind what style as long as its hunting weight and shootable. I look forward to seeing what everyone has going on.
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.

Offline half eye

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 04:53:39 pm »
Fred,
     I would be proud to trade bows with any of the new members.
handed....dont care
draw......dont care
weight....maybe about 50 + or - whatever
    Make the best bow you can, I'll appreciate it.
rich

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 05:00:43 pm »
Rich,
I'm elated!!  ;D Thank you for your support.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline half eye

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 05:08:59 pm »
Fred, your a good man for heading this up....I'm sure it will benifit the new builders. I'll see what I can come up with to throw in the "stew-pot" as well.
rich

Offline JonW

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 05:30:10 pm »
Fred I wont be participating in the trade but I will donate something for the incentive thing.

Jon W

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 05:39:08 pm »
Thanks Jon!! I sent you a PM.

Offline ajooter

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 05:52:36 pm »
I'd might as well get in on this. I have an ich to build a sinew backed ERC, so that's what will probably be leaving my hands.

Right hand
45-55 pounds
26-28"
If you want to make a short bow with short draw or a massive warbow, go for it. I'm open to anything.
Prefer to stay within the states but willing to ship  international if need be to fill a spot.

Kyle

Minus building a sinew backed erc you nut haha....which I can't wait to see btw   :D. All my stats and sentiments are the same!

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 05:56:35 pm »
I'm in.

RH
55# and up
28"-30" draw, but I can short draw just fine if someone wants to make a shorty or horse bow.

To whom ever will be making my bow,
No pressure at all. This is more about getting to know the board members and having fun than getting "your money's worth" in my opinion. As long as you enjoy yourself during the process, I'm happy to receive your creation.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 06:00:34 pm »
ajooter and Dakota Kid, read rule #1

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 06:15:38 pm »
Dakota Kid, :D Got yours in my emails after I logged off.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 06:16:23 pm »
I'm liking the attitudes and talk thus far, for this trade. I hope we can make this a great trade again. Count me in. I'll send you a pm shortly Fred. I'll be happy to receive any bow from anyone, no matter what the persons experience level!

Glad to see you joining in also Rich! I'm looking forward to seeing some bows soon. I put a silk backing on a hickory bow today, after getting it roughed out.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline PlanB

• SRHacksaw
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 06:16:42 pm »
I'm in! :)

My normal (not essential.... ie. shortdraw horsebow, longbow, etc. ) specs:

RH
40-50#
26"-28'"

Really open to just about anything interesting, but that's what I shoot normally.

(sorry, just one request...... no snake skin backs. thx.)

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:33:31 pm by PlanB »
I love it when a plan B comes together....

Offline pincushin

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 06:41:29 pm »
Im in
Lh
50 and up
25-29
open to anything