Author Topic: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information  (Read 675894 times)

Offline half eye

Re: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2016, 06:24:59 am »
Jeffp51,
     I have HHB (ironwood), some hard maple, and I believe a stick or two of Ash (high crown) if you cover the shipping.....and I have the length you want....you can have the wood.

I am real glad to see you fellas join up.....you are not "allowed" folks you are most "welcome". Remember that we got a nice bunch here so feel free to seek advice, material or what ever......and have some fun with this.
rich
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 07:47:17 am by half eye »

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2016, 06:30:42 am »
Alright, let me do this right this time. Bow specs are RH - 45-55# @ 26-28" and any style bow would be awesome. I'm will only ship in the U.S. , but willing to chip in some $ to help anyone with shipping.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline half eye

« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2016, 06:48:47 am »
Hey Loope,
      The trade is for a bow.....nothing else...if ya saw that quiver in my post I'm making that for Fred to use in the monthly draw we are doing.....you might win it but sure do not need to make one, or arrows for that matter........man if ya want to make a bow and get a bow then sign up....just make sure you want to do it and make a commitment to get it done.....lots of good people already signed up so there is plenty of assistance available if you want it.
rich

Offline half eye

« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2016, 09:50:29 am »
Hey fellas,
     Was talking with Fred and thought some things could stand to be re-iterated. So bare with me here.
    1. for the real new guys....if you follow the trade directions, through this thing you will be about guaranteed to make a bow you can be proud of.
     2. By posting progress pics and narrative you will be just about making a "how-to" or build along and in so doing if problems look like they are gonna raise they ugly head we can all help each other through these steps.....with help and support I dont see how you can fail.
    3. Just because some of the more experienced seem to be ahead of you, dont sweat the small stuff cause it will get easier for you too, hell by this time next year you will be expected to help out the new guys too 8)
    4. Fred and his running of this great trade are designed so that you cant fail.....so be committed, stay committed, and if ya need help .....say so

As a way of making this a better learning experience you older hands will also help by regularly posting your progress. Ya never know whats going to be an inspiration, or problem solver or whatever to any bow builders with less experience than you.

With the people we have, this can be the best trade ever. Do not worry about dealines, how your bow compares etc etc  you will be investing a piece of your life into this so as long as you are giving it your best shot. Every one of these bows will be a proud addition to anybodys collection

A long time ago a certain fine gentleman sent me a small bendy osage bow, might have been his first.....anyway that bow killed me a nice fat doe (matter of fact went clean through) and I posted pictures ....the bow looks like a toy propped up on the hangin deer. He wasn't sure about the bow, but I am....took it to the woods, shot hell out of it,  and everytime I look at it it all good and so are the memories. Would not trade that bow or Freds time for anything.

This is going to be the best fellas....so lets get ready to rumble 8) 8) 8)

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2016, 10:34:06 am »
I've started a BLACK LOCUS with some twist and bend in it. Nothing a little or a lot of heat want take care of. My daughter asked me if this was ginning to be her new bow and I told her about the trade and she said it had to have snake skins, cause every body loves snake skins. She also said she is going to make the string for this trade bow so she can be part of the trade. That comes from a 12yr old girl. I love it.

Offline DuBois

« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2016, 10:42:25 am »
Man Oh Man!
There's some cool lookin sticks flyin around in here!
Really great to see the way this is taking off!

Ok I'm in.
26"-28"  with "regular" bows. Open to shortys with shorter draw.
40-60#
Right handed
I'd be very happy with any style bow!

I'll be working on these. In case one fail I got a backup.
Twisty Lilac and an Ash sapling.

Hey J.
Hows that lilac work with heat and bending?
Nobody took the bait on my pic earlier but it was a monster lilac an old fella let me cut from his front yard. I may have to go help him clean up his yard again this year  ;D

Offline half eye

« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2016, 10:49:43 am »
Gutshot,  That young lady has some serious game right there.....maybe you ought to put her name in (I'd love to build that bow)....seriously maybe you could email me some stats?
rousseau.rd@att.net
rich

Mr. DuBois, you got that right sir.....if that young lady would like a bow maybe you would have a couple small buffalo horn tips around if you want to kick in some "bling"?
rich

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2016, 10:54:50 am »
Thanks about the comments on my daughter she loves to hunt and shoot bows. But I can't put her name in the trade I don't think she can make a bow to send out lol. Oh ya she did shoot her first deer this year and I was more fired up about that kill than any I've ever took

Offline Ryan C

« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2016, 11:07:29 am »
Can I still join?

45-55#
Right handed
26"-28"
Any style including a shorter draw would be great.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2016, 11:20:17 am »
You're in Ryan and thanks for joining. I'm sitting here at home working up a spreadsheet and saw your message. You forgot to give me your zip code.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline half eye

« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2016, 11:26:38 am »
Gutshot, 
        I had a drawing for this month's most helpfull, and she won. So she gets her choice of what kind of bow she wants......she doesn't have to make a bow.....hell she made need to make a string for "her" new bow.
      The offer stands and I'd be proud to make it
rich

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2016, 11:37:37 am »
Half Eye, thanks and I'm sure when she finds out she will be in the garage crafting something up in return. That's just how she is. Thanks again

Offline Otter

« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2016, 11:38:39 am »
Turtle talked me into it, I'm in
45# - 55#
RH
Don't care what stlye, will love it regardless.

Offline DuBois

« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2016, 11:44:26 am »
Hey Otter,
Good to see ya here.

Gutshot
Neat deal with your daughter being involved. She's gonna be one happy campoer with that H.E. bow.

I'm gonna have so many bows roughed out soon I won't be done til next years trade  ::) ;D

Here's the lilac at 80" and awaiting some specs. Might be more than I can chew on this one but we'll see.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 12:17:07 pm by DuBois »

Offline Otter

« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2016, 11:51:22 am »
That looks awesome , really nice and snaky... I have no doubt it will come out nicely... It will be one sweet stick lol