Author Topic: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information  (Read 680323 times)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2016, 05:25:59 pm »
Well guys we're almost full up. Couple more days and I'll draw your victim and send you all an email with the vital information and stats.

I'm pretty excited about this years trade!!

I know I already said that I wasn't going to be involved in the trade but  if you guys will have me I'd sure like to join in. Take a vote and let me know what you think.

Thank you all very very much.
Fred
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline David Ewing

« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2016, 05:34:51 pm »
Are board bows allowed? I just got two staves from DuBois, But guess what? I already have two people that want me to make them a bow! Go figure!  Lol
If someone here has a stave, I'd be willing to buy it. I think this would be a really cool to participate in..... I can always wait until next year's trade if need be.

Also... I saw that Half Eye said "We are just trading bows", but I want to be sure...  No arrows, or anything? JUST the bow?(and string of course)

I will PM you in just a minute, Fred.  :D
"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong"

David

Offline Drewster

« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2016, 05:47:05 pm »
Fred, my vote is a big YES.
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2016, 05:51:59 pm »
Wow this thing is taking off!  I have been debating back and forth as I have lots going on, but...Fred and others have inspired me to jump in.  Fred count me in if it is not too late.  (just have to finish a few FG bows before I can start  :o)

40-50#
27-29" draw
Any style.
Shoot RH
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:58:31 pm by mwosborn »
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline PlanB

• SRHacksaw
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2016, 06:03:00 pm »
Asking for a vote if Fred can participate, uhhhhhhhh, let me think.................. ::)

YESSSSSSS!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love it when a plan B comes together....

Offline PlanB

• SRHacksaw
« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2016, 06:05:27 pm »
Thanks ajooter!
I love it when a plan B comes together....

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2016, 06:12:01 pm »
lots of great looking sticks out there! Of course your in Fred and a huge thank you! Currently shredding sinew for my ERC-Hammertime

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2016, 06:34:53 pm »
Well this is filling up a little faster than I anticipated. I think we're about done!! I've got a few people who committed but haven't shown any activity as of yet so we may have room for just a few more.

I think I'll shut it down shortly and then let the games begin!!!
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #203 on: January 25, 2016, 06:37:46 pm »
I vote Fred in!!!  Thanks for all your work already.

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2016, 06:40:00 pm »
Definitely a yes Fred!   And David I have that stave if you need it know. I don't have the funds to ship till Wednesday after next but like I said in the pm it's yours. If you want to handle shipping we can just forgo the hides.
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline half eye

« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2016, 06:58:24 pm »
Sweet Jesus Fred......now look what ya went and done   >:D >:D >:D  Man this is some kinda good here  8)
rich

Offline ajooter

« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2016, 07:01:38 pm »
I expected you couldn't stay out of this Fred of course we all want you in!

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2016, 07:03:24 pm »
Okay guys. I'm shutting it down. I may have a few late comers that I'll allow in as backup yet this evening but then it's time for the fat lady to sing.

I'm excited to be part of this trade. What a great bunch of guys. I'm just sorry we didn't have any ladies join us.

Offline ty_in_ND

« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2016, 07:04:48 pm »
If you want to shave some wood Fred, I say go for it!

Oh, and as for a picture of what we look like, here's one from Christmas (about the best one that I could find without digging deep!).

As for progress pics on the bow, I will be working on jigs and forms this week.  If you guys want pictures of those, I will oblige.  Otherwise, it'll probably be next weekend when I get to the glue-up.
"The best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."

Offline jandersson

« Reply #209 on: January 25, 2016, 07:14:44 pm »
Hey Otter,
Good to see ya here.

Gutshot
Neat deal with your daughter being involved. She's gonna be one happy campoer with that H.E. bow.

I'm gonna have so many bows roughed out soon I won't be done til next years trade  ::) ;D

Here's the lilac at 80" and awaiting some specs. Might be more than I can chew on this one but we'll see.
That is a nice lilac! How many stave you got going? I'd be really interested in seeing anything you come up with especially if you go ahead with the lilac.  Is that a big check in it?
I haven't tried bending it yet but I think I'll steam the clean side but I'm not sure if I should maybe go dry on the side with the scar and knot.