Author Topic: Another Invitational 2016 Bow Trade...  (Read 121898 times)

Offline Onebowonder

Another Invitational 2016 Bow Trade...
« on: January 22, 2016, 11:39:56 pm »
Hey Guys,

A few more of us are getting together an Invitational Bow Trade this year.  The invites are still out and we are waiting for final responses.  We will expand the list as it grows, assuming it does.   8) This will likely be a small group, but it should be a good time none-the-less!

Our Completion Date and Shipping Date will be set for August 1.  Our plan is for everyone to post their progress pics in this thread as they go.  Some will finish earlier than others, but all should plan to be complete and ship on or around the same time, ( Monday August 1st, 2016).  That way all of the "I got Mine!" messages will come in around the same time.

Our 'Admin' for this Trade will be JonW.  Those that are participating will need to send him a PM with your preferred specs and direct contact information.  These specs are only about your limits as an archer.  minimum and maximum draw length, draw weight, and left or right handed.  This is not an order form.  If you have a specific type of bow you are wanting, ...make it yourself. ;) 

Jon will collect these PM's and then make the randomized assignments for who each participant is making a bow for.  We should all have our assignments by Monday the 1st of February.

Our objective here is specifically for each bowyer to make a bow that represents his best skills as a bowyer, and perhaps a bit of his interpretation of what sort of bow he would want to give to another bowyer.  Sure, everybody is looking forward to getting a bow for themselves out of the trade, ...that's a given.  But our focus is on what we are giving to another and just trusting some amalgam of Heaven, Fate and Karma that we will also get something we'll appreciate in return!

I'll post the list of those that have responded affirmatively to the Invite once the list is complete.  If you have received an invite, but have not yet responded, please let us know one way of the other for certain by sending a PM to JonW to confirm that you are in or not.  On Jan 31 we shall have to assume that any non-responses are No-Thank-you's.

OneBow

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Another Invitational 2016 Bow Trade...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 08:51:31 am »
:)

Enjoy fella's!  This site will bode well with three trades going on. It needs the user traffic to come back.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Online Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 10:36:34 am »
With all these trades going we should definitely see some good stuff being turned out. It'll be a fun time for sure and good to see a rise in activity on here.

Kyle

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 10:55:43 am »
+1 what Pearlie said!
 3 trades running the same time   -  good luck for every one who takes part!
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 10:59:54 am »
Sounds great. I'll be watching you all the way through. Glad to see you heading it up Jon.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 03:29:26 pm »
I am definitely in on this trade! I'll be replying to my invitation via pm later today.
Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 04:05:35 pm »
Wow .....three trades this year I'm a watchen.......
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline DavidV

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 04:09:26 pm »
I'm excited about this one  :D

Wonder what I'll make....
Springfield, MO

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 04:13:26 pm »
Count me in on this one also. Sent my info in.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 05:05:40 pm »
Ok,  my info is sent to John. So let the games begin!
Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 05:07:35 pm »
Just got a reminder from our Admin that I had failed to send my own entry form in, after sending out all the invites to others.  ::) ??? :-[  I just remedied that...

Now to pick out a stave..........

OneBow

Online Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 05:59:13 pm »
I've got a black locust reflex deflex planned and a couple of staves picked out. What would be your alls preference to see. Clean with minimal character and smooth lines or a snaky knotty lumpy thing. Both from the same tree, one stave just caught all the fun.

Kyle

Offline JonW

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 06:08:46 pm »
Ok boys the names are rolling in! Kyle make what you want. This is a trade to do what says "That is a Kyle bow" ! I expect some real killers from this group.

Offline J05H

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 06:41:10 pm »
Sent in my info this morning. I'm still thinking on what I want to make. Can't wait to get my name.
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 08:06:17 pm »
Info sent.

I'd prefer a fg bow.   >:D
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857