Author Topic: Another Invitational 2016 Bow Trade...  (Read 124667 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Another Invitational 2016 Bow Trade...
« Reply #735 on: July 26, 2016, 08:53:53 pm »
Sweet bow, Patrick. Kyle, you look like you were made for that bow, congratulations.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #736 on: July 26, 2016, 09:36:39 pm »
Thanks Eddie!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #737 on: July 28, 2016, 08:25:54 pm »
Handed bow over to USPS this morning. Should arrive at recipient's doorstep Monday or Tuesday. Great experience!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 08:33:06 am by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #738 on: July 28, 2016, 09:02:42 pm »
Very nice looking bow Pat and getting your recipient to have a hand in the process without a clue that it would end up in his hands was clever. :)  Congrats Kyle, thats a sweet bow.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline sleek

« Reply #739 on: July 28, 2016, 10:23:48 pm »
Im afraid my recipient will be receiving a very basic bland bow. I had grand plans but as all the best laid plans go... I hooe he doesnt mind beauty in form and function....
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JonW

« Reply #740 on: July 29, 2016, 08:55:00 am »
I'm sure he will be fine  ;)

Offline JonW

« Reply #741 on: July 30, 2016, 09:38:12 am »
Guys the 1st is catching up to us. For those still working stay calm and build on. Just please, PLEASE, don't make me send in my muscle Mr. Hill. I can't be responsible for his tactics.  :o

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #742 on: July 30, 2016, 10:09:46 am »
Oh no Mr Hill.
Wife just text me and said a long package just arrived at home. Can't wait to get out of work and get home now.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #743 on: July 30, 2016, 10:11:46 am »
John,  I hand delivered my bow. Please make sure Mr. Hill knows that. I don't want him to show up at my house like he did last time.  >:D >:D

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #744 on: July 30, 2016, 10:52:03 am »
I hands delivered mine as well, but I've been "over the hill" for awhile now so I ain't worried.  :D

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #745 on: July 30, 2016, 12:26:10 pm »
Oh no Mr Hill.
Wife just text me and said a long package just arrived at home. Can't wait to get out of work and get home now.

;D

And, re JonW's threatening post . . . everyone who knows me knows the bark is much worse than the bite!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #746 on: July 30, 2016, 12:39:51 pm »
Oh no Mr Hill.

;D

And, re JonW's threatening post . . . everyone who knows me knows the bark is much worse than the bite!

What about this slingshot shaped scar on my arm?  >:D

Patrick

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #747 on: July 30, 2016, 06:18:34 pm »
WOW. I just recieved my trade bow from Knoll. He nicked this one out of the park. I will get some pictures taken and get a thread started as soon as I can . But thank you Knoll this bow like I told you is a true work of art. I with list all the details in the thread on the bow at that time. But knoll really out did himself with this one. Can't wait for the rain to stop. But I have tomorrow off. So I am sure it will send some arrows down range. Thanks again Knoll.

Offline DavidV

« Reply #748 on: July 30, 2016, 09:54:18 pm »
Well I'm finished with the hackberry trade bow I was working on at MoJam. It may be a little more stout than my recipient is expecting, I didn't have batteries for the scale until after I got the finish on... Oh well, Hackberry tends to lose some poundage after you shoot it in. It's a little over 50 @ 28" and 63" long ntn. The profile came straight from the natural stave so there's a kink in the upper limb, I only corrected it from side to side. It was heat treated a little bit toward the end.

Handle is bloodwood, tips are cocobolo, rabbit fur silencers, and the handle has some wooden beads. Hope the recipient finds it shiny. I'll be shipping as soon as I get my USPS boxes in the mail.

Springfield, MO

Offline JonW

« Reply #749 on: July 30, 2016, 10:45:51 pm »
That turned out nice David! Your guy should really like it.