Author Topic: Bows with all the bells and whistles (gifts for my friends)  (Read 37561 times)

Offline sieddy

• Guaranga! :)
Re: Bows with all the bells and whistles (gifts for my friends)
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2016, 12:56:40 pm »
Holy snakes- that is a sight to behold!  :D
"No man ever broke his bow but another man found a use for the string" Irish proverb

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2016, 06:39:40 pm »
Can't wait to see it finished up. All the Penobscots you have posted lately has got me wanting to try one sometime.

Seems like the list of bows I want to build someday grows way faster than than the finished bow list. ???
Steve Bennett

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2016, 08:14:19 am »
 Can't wait to see her stretched back man...That scalloped belly is awesome...Really classy looking Penobscot Richard... 8) 8) 8)....
                                                                                                                                 Don

Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline half eye

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2016, 11:50:32 am »
well fellas, guess it is a bow... two sets of pics first set is the usual unbraced, braced, and full draw. There are 2 braced pics the second one is after shooting it in some.  The second set is close-up of the grip all four sides of the grip....used a piece of timber rattler to make a snake wrapped around the grip with painted head and rattles and red/yellow eyes and lightning bolts.....

comments welcome and hoping the saw parts arrive so I can finish Don and Jon's bows.
rich

Offline half eye

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2016, 11:51:30 am »
grip pics

Offline ajooter

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2016, 11:52:10 am »
Nice bend RI!  That came out great!

Offline sieddy

• Guaranga! :)
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2016, 01:54:38 pm »
That is beyond brilliant. The bows are striking enough and then the the handle wrap is like a blaze of glory!
The full draw is awfully nice too! :)
"No man ever broke his bow but another man found a use for the string" Irish proverb

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2016, 02:17:36 pm »
Sweet.......... What weight did you end I up with at your draw length? Looks like you are using only one set of knocks on the big bow instead of two. What are the advantages/disadvantages other than less knocks to cut?
Steve Bennett

Offline half eye

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2016, 03:05:15 pm »
Well thank you all for the nice comments..... Sorry I forgot to post the stats, Osage from JonW, self bows, 49" main bow (7/8" wide), 50/52# @ 25" , The bow feels like it will go 26" but I have not drawn it that far....looks like the strings are already past 90 degrees and the main bow is NOT flip-tipped.

Turtle....all the Penobscott bows only have a single string knock on the main bow....both strings go on the same one......backbow string goes around first then the main string over that one....

Thanks sieddy

You too ajooter >:D

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2016, 04:44:14 pm »
 Rich,
         "Magnum opus"  8) 8) 8)  Bells and Whistles for sure...What a classy build man...That braced pic looks so balanced and perfect, the full draw say's it all...I can tell from the reflexed back bow and your bend that that Penobscot is a screamer...You got all of that one...How's it shoot and feel? The Penobscot you sent me was a very quiet bow also...
                                                                                                                                Don

Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2016, 06:32:35 pm »
Cool bow.. That handle wrap, the belly scallops and the contrast between the dark skins and the osage color really set it apart from others. And on top of that it a penobscot which we rarely see posted here.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2016, 07:43:07 pm »
Buddy i cant say what already hasnt. Truly a work of art. Not only are u a bowyer machine , a great guy and helluva artist. Those penobscot's and replica's u do are inspirational. Thank you for sharing your work.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2016, 12:44:21 am »
That is a real piece of work Rich!  Great job.  How does it shoot?  Are you getting a feel for the advantages of such a design?  My compliments to you for bringing to life what, for most of us would have just been a line drawing in some old book or something behind museum glass.   ;)
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline willie

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2016, 02:06:28 am »
sure is a nice bow  you got there Rich, Do you think that the double bow concept will bring extra speed to bow of normal length?

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2016, 07:17:12 am »
Wow Rich. That is just awesome. I mean AWSOME!! I'm taking mine to the moontree gathering today to shoot that how much I like these bows. Keep up the good work.