Author Topic: Feeling like I should be shunned...  (Read 6368 times)

Offline Tracker0721

Feeling like I should be shunned...
« on: April 02, 2016, 01:14:11 am »
So Turkey season is coming up and I broke out my ghille suit and was going through the whole shooting while wearing the thing for a few days when I decided to watch some turkey hunting videos. One thing lead to another and in my fragile state I bought a HECs suit. Yeah. 150 bucks on some carbon mesh base layers. Haven't tried it yet but I'm really hoping it works. Why? Cause I don't even tip waitresses I'm so stingy with money and my first impulse buy was 150 bucks when I already have a proven ghille!

For those that don't know HECs suits block the human energy which animals can sense. The 6th sense so to speak. I know it works on sharks and fish. And supposedly it works really well on birds. And it also supposedly works on mammals but the testing isn't as easy as with fish and birds. The idea is that if you aren't moving much at all and wearing the HECs, you look like a lifeless object. Just an odd shaped log/rock/something. So I'm planning to throw it on and go set up on some turkeys before season. See how they react.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline sleek

Re: Feeling like I should be shunned...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 08:41:03 am »
Pretty sure it just blocks odor and thats it. Carbon ( assuming ita activated though non activated works to a degree also ) scrubbs air of any chemicals in it to eliminate smell. Eventually they stop working because the carbon fills up and cant absorb any more.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 09:23:28 am »
Carbon absorbs odors. You can remove those odors with heat...but you have to get it to 1500 deg(F)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 09:27:48 am »
Couldn't tell you anything about the carbon but not tipping waitresses is terrible

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 01:19:56 pm »
if you hug a tree and roll on the ground you can get the same effect for free,, :)

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 02:22:46 pm »
HECs is designed like a microwaves door. I researched it a lot when studying marine biology. But when I saw it being used for hunting I jumped on it without looking into it. And maybe restaurants are different where you live but the ones near me pay waitress more then what I made working construction. No one tipped me for making their house.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline phyankord

• like to do work with my hands more than my mind.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 04:58:25 pm »
HECs is designed like a microwaves door. I researched it a lot when studying marine biology. But when I saw it being used for hunting I jumped on it without looking into it. And maybe restaurants are different where you live but the ones near me pay waitress more then what I made working construction. No one tipped me for making their house.

tipping became a thing back when waitresses were not payed a decent ammount aka minimum wage wasent a "thing" back then. origionally tipping was in fact bribing for better service, but over the years its been twisted and now its believed that a tip is a "reward" for better service, but considering the fact that tipping is a gratuity and its now taxed, its better to just wait till the waitress is off shift to give the tip to them xD

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 01:48:45 am »
I gave you rock, that was a tip for the future pizza I may order from you.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 05:44:30 am »
We won't shun you!  That long drawn out infomercial tempted the hell out of me too.  I am just such a natural born skeptic - I want to hear from some hunters who aren't on the payroll about how well it works. ;)  Let us know if you experience any miracles while wearing it next hunting season.   Tracker0721, aren't you the guy that started that four page debate about arrow speed in the bows section that got all the math wizards comparing notes?!  ;D   I think you are in no danger of being shunned.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 05:50:10 am by H Rhodes »
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 10:15:06 am »
They had a 30 minute show! And it was back to back episodes while I was making a string! But all I've found online are people who are so over the top raving about it they have to be on the payroll or people who've never bought one saying it can't work. Maybe I'm the only guy who actually bought one...

Yeah the math debate was way beyond where I thought that post would go.

Offline phyankord

• like to do work with my hands more than my mind.
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 12:33:34 pm »
While we may not be open, im certain i can convince my parents to let me bake somthing up for ya xD

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 06:47:09 pm »
Cool, I must be doing something right, shot a boat load at 5 yards and they never smelled me. Heck the one Saturday didn't even smell the Jeep my buddy shot out of when one was standing in the dirt road when we were leaving.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 08:50:22 pm »
Comments like that good sir are what make me feel like it was the worst purchase in history! Haha

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 11:47:23 pm »
  It's not a scent elimating carbon. It emlimates the electic pulse our body puts off.

I've seen at least 10 hunting shows of them having all kinds of deer,elk,hogs, you name it. All animals never payed them other than a passing glance. All 5,10 yarders.

But the turkey shows are to unreall for me. A guy setting on his knees 4,5 yards out in a low cut green field.   Gobblers strutting around his decoy 10 feet. As he pulled his bow no reaction.

I STARTED FOLLOWING GRANDADDY AROUND WHEN I WAS 7 OR 8. KILLED A JAKE AT 7 A 2 YEAR OLD AT 8. I'M 53 NOW A lot of gobblers fell along the way.

I'VE NEVER SEEN ANY THING LIKE IT IF IT'S WORKS AS YOU SEE. LOTS OF GOBBLERS WILL DIE.

Personally I think they were tame. Never saw a arrow fly.

If they wern't tame birds. I'll be getting a suit for sure. You keep us posted TRACKER.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 10:50:31 am »
Just an FYI, unless it's specifically different in your town or the restaurant has a progressive policy, the federal minimum wage for waitresses is $2.13. Most waitresses have to give a percentage of the business they do (not the actual tips they make) to the bus boys and hostess etc., so if you do not tip then that waitress has just paid out of her own pocket (lost money) for the privilege of serving you.